Blog-Archiv

Dienstag, 18. August 2015

Happy Birthday Roman Polański!

Cinema should make you forget you are sitting in a theater.

Ein Kindertraum. Wer denen treu bleibt, macht nicht unbedingt viel Geld. Aber er macht sich glücklich.

In Paris, one is always reminded of being a foreigner. If you park your car wrong, it is not the fact that it's on the sidewalk that matters, but the fact that you speak with an accent.

Erziehung läuft meist darauf hinaus, daß der Vater erlaubt, was ihm selbst verboten worden ist.

I can only say that whatever my life and work have been, I'm not envious of anyone-and this is my biggest satisfaction.

Es gibt überhaupt nur zwei Dinge auf der Welt, die mir Spaß machen - das zweite ist der Film.

Normal love isn't interesting. I assure you that it's incredibly boring.

Ich bin wie ein Koch. Wenn ein Film fertig ist, setze ich mich hin und schaue zu, ob die Sache den anderen schmeckt.

I never made a film which fully satisfied me.

Jetzt erst weiß ich, was im Leben wichtig ist: Wichtig ist, daß man weiß, daß nichts wichtig ist.

I still had some honor... I still have some now.

Wer eine Schlacht gewinnen will, muß denken, daß er der Sieger ist. Man kann eine Schlacht auch verlieren, wenn man denkt, man ist der Sieger. Aber man kann nie und nimmer gewinnen, wenn man sich für einen Verlierer hält.

My films are the expression of momentary desires. I follow my instincts, but in a disciplined way.

Ich bin wie ein Koch. Wenn ein Film fertig ist, setze ich mich hin und schaue, ob die Sache den anderen schmeckt.

I don't really know what is shocking. When you tell the story of a man who is beheaded, you have to show how they cut off his head. If you don't, it's like telling a dirty joke and leaving out the punch line.

Ich glaube, eine intakte und harmonische Beziehung muß mit einem Kind gekrönt werden. Es ist die Konsequenz einer glücklichen Liebe.

I want people to go to the movies. I am the man of the spectacle. I'm playing.

Ein Leben ohne Amüsement ist nicht viel wert. Geht es aber ausschließlich darum, läuft es für niemanden gut. Am Ende steht man mit leeren Händen da.

Whenever I get happy, I always have a terrible feeling.

You have to show violence the way it is. If you don't show it realistically, then that's immoral and harmful. If you don't upset people, then that's obscenity.

If you have a great passion it seems that the logical thing is to see the fruit of it, and the fruit are children.

I did not have a reputation to defend.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen