Blog-Archiv

Montag, 17. August 2015

Happy Birthday Robert De Niro!

You learned the two greatest thing in life, never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut.

Man braucht keine Worte, um Gefühle auszudrücken. Manchmal reicht auch schon ein Grunzen.

I love to find new people. It's not for the sake of their being new; it's because if you find someone who perfectly fits a part, that's such a great thing.

If it's the right chair, it doesn't take too long to get comfortable in it.

In acting, I always try to go back to what would actually be the real situation, the real human behavior in life.

I think it's important to have had at least a few years of obscurity, where people treat you like everybody else.

I mean, the actors that I admired were Marlon Brando, Montgomery Clift, an actress named Barbara Harris. And Greta Garbo. They were great actors.

Movies are hard work. The public doesn't see that. The critics don't see it. But they're a lot of work. A lot of work.

Good directors can bring certain things out of you, with their intensity or gentleness or sensitivity or understanding. They can make an actor feel he can do no wrong.

I go to Paris, I go to London, I go to Rome, and I always say, 'There's no place like New York. It's the most exciting city in the world now. That's the way it is. That's it.'

I spent lunchtime in a grave during the filming of 'Bloody Mama.' When you're younger, you feel that's what you need to do to help you stay in character. When you get older, you become more confident and less intense about it - and you can achieve the same effect.

One of the things about acting is it allows you to live other people's lives without having to pay the price.

Money makes your life easier. If you're lucky to have it, you're lucky.

It's important not to indicate. People don't try to show their feelings, they try to hide them.

You'll have time to rest when you're dead.

Time goes on. So whatever you're going to do, do it. Do it now. Don't wait.

There is a certain combination of anarchy and discipline in the way I work.

The director respects what they've hired you for and chosen you for: to do the part and respect what you're doing.

I always tell actors when they go in for an audition: Don't be afraid to do what your instincts tell you. You may not get the part, but people will take notice.

I think Hollywood has a class system. The actors are like the inmates, but the truth is they're running the asylum.

Italy has changed. But Rome is Rome.

My definition of a good hotel is a place I'd stay at.

There's nothing more ironic or contradictory than life itself.

The talent is in the choices.

I always go back to how people behave. If you watch how people actually behave in a situation, it's very simple and honest and contained. You don't need to use as much expression, as much feeling. Some characters will boil over, and that's another thing, but a lot of times I think you can just do very, very little.

The hardest thing about being famous is that people are always nice to you.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen