Blog-Archiv

Dienstag, 18. August 2015

Happy Birthday Robert Redford!

I'm not a facelift person. I am what I am.

Prominent sein heißt, von vielen Leuten gekannt zu werden, die man glücklicherweise nicht kennt.

Health food may be good for the conscience but Oreos taste a hell of a lot better.

Als Regisseur würde ich mich als Schauspieler nicht mögen. Als Schauspieler würde ich mich als Regisseur nicht mögen.

Golf has become so manicured, so perfect. The greens, the fairways. I don't like golf carts. I like walking. Some clubs won't let you in unless you have a caddy and a cart.

Wichtig ist nur, was sich verkauft.

The way you really find out about the performer's seriousness about the cause is how long they stay with it when the spotlight gets turned off. You see a lot of celebrities switch gears. They go from the environment to animal rights to obesity or whatever. That I don't have a lot of respect for.

Früher fielen die Frauen bei meinem Anblick fast in Ohnmacht. Heute sagen sie eher: "Ach, den gibt es noch?

I have no regrets, because I've done everything I could to the best of my ability.

Demokratie ist das Recht, eine andere Meinung zu haben.

I think the environment should be put in the category of our national security. Defense of our resources is just as important as defense abroad. Otherwise what is there to defend?

Wenn man heutzutage in den USA Filme macht, die das System in Frage stellen, bettelt man um Prügel.

He's meant to be that classic Homer, Ulysses, Hercules - a character who goes out or has some gift of some kind. He goes on a journey of discovery and part of that is falling into darkness - the temptations of life.

An der Vergangenheit festzuhalten ist gefährlich. Man muss einfach weitermachen.

Lastly get emotionally connected to your story so you can deliver it, you know, if you can't deliver the emotions to your script there's no point to your story. Story is the key.

Manche Menschen reisen hauptsächlich in den Urlaub, um Ansichtskarten zu kaufen, obwohl es doch vernünftiger wäre, sich diese Karten kommen zu lassen.

I've always liked speed. I own a car that I shouldn't be talking about because I'm an environmentalist, but the 1955 Porsche Spyder 550 RS is the finest sports car ever made.

Am Anfang fand ich es großartig, für Frauen attraktiv zu sein. Ich würde nicht sagen, dass das ein Schock für mich war. Aber es war eine Überraschung und ich hatte lange Spaß daran. Aber es geriet außer Kontrolle, und ich begann die negativen Seiten der Sache zu sehen.

All of the films that I've made are about the country I live in and grew up in... And I think if you're going to put an artist's eye to it, you're going to put a critical eye to it. I've always been interested in the gray area that exists between the black and white, or the red and blue, and that's where complexity lies.

Hast Du einen Mann einmal bei den Eiern, werden Herz und Verstand bald folgen.

When you get older, you learn certain life lessons. You apply that wisdom, and suddenly you say, 'Hey, I've got a new lease on this thing. So let's go.'

Part of me is drawn to the nature of sadness because I think life is sad, and sadness is not something that should be avoided or denied. It's a fact of life, like contradictions are.

I'm not a left-wing person. I'm just a person interested in the sustainability of my country.

For me, personally, skiing holds everything. I used to race cars, but skiing is a step beyond that. It removes the machinery and puts you one step closer to the elements. And it's a complete physical expression of freedom.

Storytelling is important. Part of human continuity.

I have a lot of land. I bought it because I had a very strong feeling. I was in my early twenties, and I had grown up in Los Angeles and had seen that city slide off into the sea from the city I knew as a little kid. It lost its identity - suddenly there was cement everywhere and the green was gone and the air was bad - and I wanted out.

I was seen in earlier years by family members and people of authority as somebody wasting his time. I had trouble with the restrictions of conformity. It made me edgy.

Ambiguity is something that I really respond to. I like the complexity of it.

Be careful of success; it has a dark side.

It's good to say, 'Look, I can't always be right, but my gut tells me this' - and then you confirm with your gut.

In fact you've got your hands tied behind your back when somebody chooses to take a low road in to you, there is nothing you can do about it, and so you just live with it and move on.

Because, you know, you're in Utah. And because of its political conservatism, if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere.

I don't know what your childhood was like, but we didn't have much money. We'd go to a movie on a Saturday night, then on Wednesday night my parents would walk us over to the library. It was such a big deal, to go in and get my own book.

It's hard to pay attention these days because of multiple affects of the information technology nowadays. You tend to develop a faster, speedier mind, but I don't think it's necessarily broader or smarter.

I'm interested in that thing that happens where there's a breaking point for some people and not for others. You go through such hardship, things that are almost impossibly difficult, and there's no sign that it's going to get any better, and that's the point when people quit. But some don't.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen