Blog-Archiv

Dienstag, 18. August 2015

Happy Birthday Patrick Swayze!

I'm trying to shut up and let my angels speak to me and tell me what I'm supposed to do.

Wer seine Ziele nicht an den Sternen festmacht, kommt nicht mal auf den Kirchturm.

You know, I am a Leo. Lion is a giant part of me.

What winning is to me is not giving up, is no matter what's thrown at me, I can take it. And I can keep going.

When it looks like I may live longer than five minutes I'll drop cigarettes like a hot potato.

I like to believe that I've got a lot of guardian warriors sittin' on my shoulder including my dad.

Together we can make a world where cancer no longer means living with fear, without hope, or worse.

The longer your life goes on, the more death you face.

How do you nurture a positive attitude when all the statistics say you're a dead man? You go to work.

There's just something about dance. It's like a primal thing in all of us.

You can imagine me as a kid growing up in redneck Texas with ballet shoes, tucking the violin under my arm. I had to fight my way up.

I keep my heart and my soul and my spirit open to miracles.

Talent deserves to be honored. Hands deserve to be slapped if you do something stupid as well, but don't take it too far.

I keep dreaming of a future, a future with a long and healthy life, not lived in the shadow of cancer but in the light.

What's powerful about a love scene is not seeing the act. It's seeing the passion, the need, the desire, the caring, the fear.

I've had so many injuries.

If you live through the initial stage of fame and get past it, and remember thats not who you are. If you live past that, then you have a hope of maybe learning how to spell the word artist.

I got completely fed up with that Hollywood blockbuster mentality. I couldn't take it seriously any longer.

One thing I'm not going to do is chase staying alive. You spend so much time chasing staying alive, you won't live.

The way to screw up somebody's life is to give them what they want.

If I leave this Earth, I want to leave this Earth just knowing I've tried to give something back and tried to do something worthwhile with myself.

Good-looking people turn me off. Myself included.

There are people who want me to do a cologne. They want to call it 'Patrick.' I was offered a fortune to make exercise videos. Posters, all kinds of stuff - something like $10 million worth. It's insanity. I'm not going to do any of it.

To be honest, I've made a game out of trying to live through my James Dean, Janis Joplin, Freddie Prinze, Jim Morrison period, those demons that we all have that we're either successful or not at making work for us rather than destroy us.

As always, I appreciate all the love and support people have sent and continue to send my way.

My work... is my legacy.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen