Blog-Archiv

Sonntag, 31. Mai 2015

Happy Birthday Rainer Werner Fassbinder!

Das Leben wird erst handlich und verfügbar, wo der Tod als das Eigentliche der Existenz akzeptiert wird. Solange der Tod etwas Tabusiertes ist, solange ist auch das Leben eines, das nicht interessiert.

The more real things get, the more like myths they become.

Man muss zumindest versuchen zu beschreiben, was man nicht verändern kann. 

I detest the idea that love between two persons can lead to salvation. All my life I have fought against this oppressive type of relationship. Instead, I believe in searching for a kind of love that somehow involves all of humanity.

Du mußt in allen Phasen deines Lebens stehen, sonst verrätst du dich selbst.

So certainly, if we can tell evil stories to make people sick, we can also tell good myths that make them well.

Acht Stunden sind kein Tag. 

For all of us it’s the things that won’t work that keep our interest.

Es gibt drei Arten von Frauen: die schönen, die intelligenten und die Mehrheit.

The best thing I can think of would be to create a union between something as beautiful and powerful and wonderful as Hollywood films and a criticism of the status quo. That's my dream, to make such a German film.

Ich finde, dass sich Beziehungen zwischen Menschen weitgehend durch Konflikte definieren. 

Women think in Douglas Sirk’s films. Something which has never struck me with other directors. None of them. Usually women are always reacting, doing what women are supposed to do, but in Sirk they think. It’s something that has to be seen. It’s great to see women think. It gives one hope. Honestly.

Das Spiel kann man tatsächlich spielen. Unser Vorteil war, dass wir das Spiel gespielt und die Erfahrung gemacht haben, dass das, was im Film passiert, sich auch wirklich ereignen kann. 

I'd like to be for cinema what Shakespeare was for theatre, Marx for politics and Freud for psychology: someone after whom nothing is as it used to be.

Am liebsten hätten wir alle Stadiontore zugemacht und die Leute bis zum HSV-Spiel drin behalten.

People are terrible. They can bear anything. Anything! People are hard and brutal. And everyone is disposable. Everyone! That's the lesson.

Schlafen kann ich, wenn ich tot bin.

The Jews have never been ashamed of being Jews, whereas homosexuals have been stupid enough to be ashamed of their homosexuality.

Love is the best, most insidious, most effective instrument of social repression.

It isn't easy to accept that suffering can also be beautiful... it's difficult. It's something you can only understand if you dig deeply into yourself.

Everyone must decide for himself whether it is better to have a brief but more intensely felt existence or to live a long and ordinary life.

Yes, actually ever since I saw his films and tried to write about them, Sirk's been in everything I've done. Not Sirk himself, but what I've learned from his work.

Every decent director has only one subject, and finally only makes the same film over and over again. My subject is the exploitability of feelings, whoever might be the one exploiting them. It never ends. It's a permanent theme. Whether the state exploits patriotism, or whether in a couple relationship, one partner destroys the other.

And I don't believe that melodramatic feelings are laughable - they should be taken absolutely seriously.

I let the audience feel and think.

I'm against caricatures, I'm against parodies;if you say that this scene has the effect of a parody, then I have to take your word for it, but then I'm ashamed of myself and I apologize.

The American method of making films left the audience with emotions and nothing else; I want to give the spectator the emotions along with the possibility of reflecting on and analyzing what he is feeling.

What I would like is to make Hollywood movies, that is, movies as wonderful and universal, but at the same time not as hypocritical, as Hollywood.

I hope to build a house with my films. Some of them are the cellar, some are the walls, and some are the windows. But I hope in time there will be a house.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen