Blog-Archiv

Mittwoch, 25. März 2015

Happy Birthday Sir Elton John!

I'm not everybody's cup of tea. But sometimes criticism can be hurtful. Be respectful. I'm a good piano player, I can sing well, I write good songs. If you don't like it, fair enough. But give me a break.

Das Großartige am Rock’n’Roll ist, dass jemand wie ich ein Star sein kann.

Music has healing power. It has the ability to take people out of themselves for a few hours.

Man kann mich als eine fette, glatzköpfig werdende, talentlose, alte Schwuchtel, die nicht singen kann, bezeichnen – aber man kann keine Lügen über mich erzählen.

And the danger is - and it's happening - is we're seeing an incredibly big rise amongst young gay people, young heterosexual people as far as catching HIV, which is, you know, in an educated country like this or in Britain, it's frightening.

Wenn es in England einen besseren Sänger als Craig David gibt, bin ich Margaret Thatcher.

Jesus wanted us to be loving and forgiving. I don't know what makes people so cruel.

Ich meine, die Leute sollten jegliche sexuellen Praktiken ausüben dürfen, für die sie sich entscheiden; bei Ziegenböcken sollte man dennoch eine Grenze setzen.

If I was to say what I am, I'd be a Labour man. I like Tony Blair a lot, I think he's a good man. And in America I'd definitely be a Democrat; I'd never be a Republican.

Jeder, der auf einer öffentlichen Bühne Playback singt, wenn man 75 Pfund bezahlt hat, um ihn zu sehen, sollte erschossen werden. Damit bin ich von ihrer Weihnachtskartenliste gestrichen. Aber kümmert’s mich? Nein.

People with HIV are still stigmatized. The infection rates are going up. People are dying. The political response is appalling. The sadness of it, the waste.

Ich möchte einen musikalischen Film machen. Wie Evita, aber mit guter Musik.

I love the idea of the teachings of Jesus Christ and the beautiful stories about it, which I loved in Sunday school and I collected all the little stickers and put them in my book. But the reality is that organised religion doesn't seem to work. It turns people into hateful lemmings and it's not really compassionate.

Diana wird für immer eine Ikone sein.

I've always wanted to smash a guitar over someone's head. You just can't do that with a piano.

Für jedes mögliche Reiseziel bin ich perfekt ausgerüstet: Ich besitze nämlich kein Handy.

I've only been interested in the artistic side of life.

Spart euer Geld und legt es auf die Bank, denn für diese Leute seid ihr nur eine Ware.

And I'm afraid, in this day and age, trust, which I count so, you know, I love loyalty. I love trust.

Wir können Aids mit Liebe besiegen.

We live in an age, in an era where there is so much negativity, there is so much violence in the world, there is so much unrest and people are at war, that I wanted to promote the word love and red signifies love.

Musik führt die Menschen zusammen. Wie der Sport. Das sind die beiden großen Bewegungen, die die Menschen vereinen.

I've got that resilient thing inside me. But I wasn't a happy bunny.

Sex auf Kokain ist großartig. Toll. Das beste Aphrodisiakum, das ich je ausprobiert habe. Und ich habe jede Menge ausprobiert.

I never thought of myself as being handsome or good-looking or whatever. I always felt like an outsider.

Menschen wie Katharine Hepburne werden heute nicht mehr hergestellt.

I've never been jealous of anybody's success. I've been flummoxed by it because I don't understand it, but I'm not jealous of it.

Musik ist das einzige kontinuierliche Element in meinem Leben.

I love every minute of fatherhood, staying up all night, changing nappies, kids crying, I find it really funny and inspiring. It connects you to the world in a new way.

Es war gut, dass die Reporter sie erwischt haben. Nur so wagte sie den Entzug. Bei Drogen jagt einen die englische Presse gnadenlos. Ich behaupte: Hätte Elvis in England gewohnt, hätte man ihn erwischt, und er würde heute noch leben!

I grew up at my grandmother's house, and she had a beautiful garden. I used to hate mowing the lawn and weeding, which is what you do when you're a kid. I loathe gardening, but I love gardens, and I have two beautiful gardens.

I love places that have an incredible history. I love the Italian way of life. I love the food. I love the people. I love the attitudes of Italians.

I think people should be free to engage in any sexual practices they choose; they should draw the line at goats though.

The great thing about rock and roll is that someone like me can be a star.

The worst thing you can do to a child, and I've seen it happen so many times, is the silver spoon.

I don't have to compete in the charts. I can just be myself as a musician, a songwriter and play with the musicians that I really love.

I am the most well-known homosexual in the world.

If there is a better singer in England than Craig David, then I am Margaret Thatcher.

I never thought of myself as being handsome or good-looking or whatever.

Jesus wanted us to be loving and forgiving.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen