Blog-Archiv

Freitag, 14. September 2018

Happy Birthday Walter Koenig!

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.

I didn't watch Raumschiff Enterprise the first year it was on, before I was on the show. I took one look at the Styrofoam rocks and said: "There's no way I'm going to watch this!"

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.

I'm always looking for a low-budget script with an interesting character to play. 

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Raumschiff Enterprise has given me a considerable amount of satisfaction and a certain amount of respect in the industry community and among people who watch television and movies. I enjoy that. I enjoy feeling good about myself. God knows it's easy enough for me to feel bad about myself -- I need all the support I can get. Star Trek deserves the respect it has received. If I'm going to be aligned with something, it might as well be something that makes a worthwhile statement most of the time. No, I don't have any regrets about my involvement with Star Trek.

Freedom is not worth having if it does not connote freedom to err.

Religious tolerance is something we should all practice; however, there have been more persecution and atrocities committed in the name of religion and religious freedom than anything else. 

I was only one of two people who auditioned for the part, which is quite extraordinary. Considering that this has so materially effected the last 35 years of my life... a couple of hours after I auditioned, I heard that I had gotten the role.

Well, an actor is an actor is actor, to paraphrase someone or other and the opportunity to work, to have a steady engagement, certainly seemed like an appealing concept to me.

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.

Wrote an article for an anthology titled "Stranger In A Strange Land" about the  subject of immigration. Poems, short stories, essays, etc. Published after the first of the year. When I know more I'll post.

Please don't confuse me with the biologist Walter Koenig  who says that squirrels store their acorns in the holes of trees.

Make catch phrases of this administrations contradictory statements and play them on the internet again and again without interruption. Maybe then the "base" will pay attention.

Hey @realDonaldTrump - endangered species are dying every day you allow imported animal trophies. We demand you bring back the trophy hunting ban to save elephants and lions! These animals are #WorthMoreAlive (via @SaveAnimals)

Deep Space 9 People REAlLY like each other! God, what must that be like?

"Destination Star Trek". Growing up during WWII the German people as I now know them continue to bring joy to my heart.

"White Trash" by Nancy Isenberg 4 centuries of the class system in America. Oh, now I get it! Not your grandparents history lesson.

just back from two day shoot in Shreveport, La.: "Who is Martin Danzig?" Didn't know I could still have such a good time.

Back from the hospital. Doing well. Trying to put a feature motion picture together and determined not to watch Trump tonight.

People  like me on S.T. but I should otherwise remain silent. This is the planet we actually live on and injustice should not be tolerated.

"Killers of the Flower Moon"by D. Grann.  Native American genocide in 1920s and the troubled creation of the FBI. Riveting American history.

Was in R.I last weekend for Hasbro's new show "Stretch Armstrong". Doing a voice on the animated series. Clip I saw was good!

A one and one with Trump and Putin is leaving a child alone in a room with a predator.

My eternal gratitude to Sky Conway for making Renegades Requiem happen and my thanks to Tim Russ  for directing it.

Music score for Renegades Requiem created by two very gifted young musicians from England. You'"ll be hearing great things about them!

It's not that I love everything. I jwant to speak about things I feel positively about. The other stuff I leave on the therapy couch.

Democrats: If you get money requests from from political campaigns through ACT BLUE please  examine the forms they send very carefully.

Everyone donates to charities if they can. After reading "Until Tuesday" I've decided to make this one one of those.

Danielle, looking forward to the Invader Zim you wrote cover to cover. Huge coincidence about having same last name.

Yesterday I visited the high school I graduated from 62 years ago. I talked to students about tolerance not acting

Fed Con: The most enthusiastic , energetic and supportive Star Trek fans anywhere. Just blew my mind away

I think this is going to be extraordinary.

the saga of Pavel Chekov. I've heard the story and it's very exciting. Undoubtedly, the  best about his life I've ever heard.

I grew up during W.W. II thinking Germans were born that way and gay people were not. 
Knowledge is a wonderful thing.

But enough about me.

I went for a med. test.Passed a doctor on way out. Asked if what I was feeling was normal. Replied, "I don't give free consultations."

You can't obligate friends to help. They do it out of friendship or not. Someone with millions of followers said he'd get the word out...

My contribution is an actor and as one of the writers and producers. My vision is to make it as edgy as "Mad Men" and "Game of Thrones".

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen