Blog-Archiv

Samstag, 26. März 2016

Happy Birthday Leonard Nimoy!

"I have been and always shall be your friend"
One of my most favorite Star Trek moments...

I think it's my adventure, my trip, my journey, and I guess my attitude is, let the chips fall where they may.

The means of many out way the means of the few or one.

I think about myself as like an ocean liner that's been going full speed for a long distance, and the captain pulls the throttle back all the way to 'stop,' but the ship doesn't stop immediately, does it? It has its own momentum and it keeps on going, and I'm very flattered that people are still finding me useful.


I believe in goodness, mercy and charity. I believe in casting bread upon the waters.

I'm touched by the idea that when we do things that are useful and helpful - collecting these shards of spirituality - that we may be helping to bring about a healing.


Rocket ships are exciting but so are roses on a birthday.

My folks came to U.S. as immigrants, aliens, and became citizens. I was born in Boston, a citizen, went to Hollywood and became an alien.


I am intrigued with scriptural mythology that tells us that God created a divine feminine presence to dwell amongst humanity. This concept has had a constant influence on the work. I have imagined her as ubiquitous, watchful, and often in motion. This work is, in effect, the photographic image of the invisible.

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.


Hello, I'm Leonard Nimoy. The following tale of alien encounters is true. By true I mean false. It's all lies. But they're entertaining lies and in the end, isn't that the truth?
The answer is no.

You proceed from a false assumption: I have no ego to bruise.


I have found my way, step by step, proceeding from touch points that have emerged, some through conscious choice and some through dream state discovery.

Boston was a great city to grow up in, and it probably still is. We were surrounded by two very important elements: academia and the arts. I was surrounded by theater, music, dance, museums. And I learned how to sail on the Charles River. So I had a great childhood in Boston. It was wonderful.


Rocket ships are exciting but so are roses on a birthday.

The miracle is this: the more we share the more we have.


Some words having to do with the death of the people in the World Trade Center attack had been added, and when I got to it, I had this overwhelmingly emotional experience. I struggled to get through the words; tears were streaming down my cheeks.


That's true, because I'm a photographer now.


Which is probably the reason why I work exclusively in black and white... to highlight that contrast.


But if you're talking about fine art work, then I think you have to ask yourself some pretty deep questions about why it is you want to take pictures and what it is you want to say.


I became hooked on the idea of being able to shoot an image and process it myself, and end up with a product.


What I'm exploring right now is the subject of my own mortality. It's an area that I'm curious about, and I'm researching it to see if there's a photographic essay in it for me. If images don't start to come, I'll go to something else.


My memory of those places is better than my pictures. That's why I get much more satisfaction out of shooting thematic work that has to do with an idea that I'm searching for, or searching to express.


For a period of time, I carried cameras with me wherever I went, and then I realized that my interest in photography was turning toward the conceptual. So I wasn't carrying around cameras shooting stuff, I was developing concepts about what I wanted to shoot. And then I'd get the camera angle and do the job.


I did not move into developing or processing color. I stayed with black and white. I still think to this day that I prefer to work in black and white if it has to do with poetry or anything other than specific reality. I have worked in color when I thought it was the appropriate way to express the thought that I was working on.


My dream concept is that I have a camera and I am trying to photograph what is essentially invisible. And every once in a while I get a glimpse of her and I grab that picture.


I became enamored with photography when I was about 13 or 14 years old. I've been at it ever since. I studied seriously in the '70s.


That is the exploration that awaits you! Not mapping stars and studying nebula, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence.


I'm attracted to images that come from a personal exploration of a subject matter. When they have a personal stamp to them, then I think it becomes identifiable.


I became involved in photography when I was about thirteen years old.


I also do my own processing, so it means a big commitment in lab time.


I certainly don't live in a kosher home although I was raised in a kosher environment.


A neighborhood friend showed me how it was possible to go to a camera shop and pick up chemicals for pennies... literally... and develop your own film and make prints.


Don't smoke. I did. Wish I never had. LLAP

With family on a beach. I wake up to sunshine, ocean and love.  LLAP

Really feeling for the folks back East. Cold, tired and hungry. Heart goes out to them LLAP

I really enjoyed giving this commencement speech to the College of Fine Arts at Boston University. LLAP

A movie scene: stranger lands on earth. Hits buttons on a small device. All guns on earth are melted . He leaves. LLAP


Alexander Pope said,"Act well your part. There all honor lies". True in art, true in life. LLAP

Will they ever stop playing "gotcha" and go to work for the country?  LLAP

Watching "Argo"and suddenly there's Spock in the final scene. LLAP

Blessed are the peacemakers. Heal the earth. LLAP


John Chambers depicted by John Goodman in Argo made some fine Spock ears but Fred Phillips designed them and created the whole makeup. LLAP

My holiday season wish for our planet and everyone on it. The same for those on other planets. LLAP

Susan and I at a wonderful symphonic concert tonite on a tropical isle. Giving thanks for our blessings. And prayers for all. LLAP

A leader shall appear. It is not only necessary, it is logical. LLAP


Interesting new App I recorded. Go to Apple App Store. Search for My PaceBoss.Enjoy  LLAP

I miss DeForest Kelley a lot. A real friend and a gentle man. For his memory, LLAP

George Takei. Brave man. Class act. LLAP

Gives me pleasure to say good things about good people while they are still alive. LLAP

Vacation on the island is ending. Seeing Zach Quinto in LA Monday.LLAP

Speaking truth to power isn't easy. I admire those who do. LLAP

North Coast Repertory in Ca. will present Jean-Michel Richaud in my play, "Vincent" on March 4th. A really special performance. LLAP

Did a job for Audi yesterday with Zachary Quinto. Total pleasure. LLAP

Valentine's day approaching. I remember making our own cards in grade school.Don't forget the loved ones. LLAP

Just saw a guy propose on bended knee in a NY restaurant. Girl cried "yes" and everyone applauded and cheered. Love still happens.  LLAP

"Vulcan" is the logical choice. LLAP

So much love flowing today. Warms my Vulcan heart. LLAP

Heading East soon to see Mr. Quinto in "Glass Menagerie" Shut out by snowstorm at last attempt. Great play. Great performances.  LLAP

Here's a big LLAP to all. Wish I could respond individually.

I hear my Vulcan people have a new home. True ? LLAP

Only a Vulcan mind meld will help with this congress. LLAP

"Glass Menagerie" in Cambridge,Ma. That's as good as it gets. LLAP

"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" is the 15th film to ever reach the billion-dollar box office milestone. My Bilbo Baggins helped.LLAP

Good news. Companies are hiring. Unemployment is dropping. Down to 7.7.
U.S. economy, LLAP

Boston Globe has invited me to the White House correspondents dinner  LLAP

I think there's a Star Trek movie opening soon. ST does LLAP

Goodbye Malachi. One of the best. Memories of you and your work LLAP

The "needs" of Nimoy are not being met.
When do I get to see this movie ??!!  LLAP

To deny the Nimoy is not logical. LLAP

I hear the U.K. sees it first. Is this revenge against the colonists ?  LLAP

The logical treatment for irrational behavior is the application of a neck pinch.  LLAP

Family and friends surrounding me with birthday plans. I might get emotional. LLAP

We celebrate the release from bondage that most of us take for granted. Some are still enslaved. Wishing freedom for all. Good Passover LLAP

Thanks all for brightening my already fantastic day w/your birthday wishes. Spending all this energy is not logical but it is sooo good.LLAP

Does this mean I have to stay hidden for 50 years? LLAP now!!

Simplify.LLAP

Had a conversation with Mr. Quinto for German "Interview" magazine. Good talk about the Spock character and more. LLAP

My love and concern for all in Boston, my hometown. Deep sadness.

I grew up in Boston. The city gave me education, arts, and above all, spine. My hometown.  LLAP


Now I have Texas tragedy on my mind. My sympathy for all the loss. LLAP

Humpback whale population is growing. Star Trek IV was helpful. LLAP

In California there's this wet stuff coming down from the sky. Is this what's called "rain"? LLAP


We owe a thanks to Theodore Sturgeon who wrote "Amok Time" episode and "Live long and prosper" .LLAP

I turned off the talking politicos. Too much jabbering at each other. Not enough care about humans. LLAP


Wish I could make a Star Trek movie about destruction of elephants.They're being killed for their ivory tusks. LLAP

We are all children searching for love. LLAP


Just spent the evening with Jackson Browne and Al Gore. Climate Change !! Serious. Time to pay attention now so we can LLAP

Somewhere in the great ocean there is a humpback whale named Spock. LLAP indeed


Police: Ore. mall shooter didn't know his victims

Plenty of guns on the streets. Can this be good ?  Please LLAP

My door is still open to honorary grandchildren. Say "yes" and step inside. LLAP


Today it's Connecticut. Lots of people will not LLAP!!

All honoraries accepted including brothers,sisters, nieces, nephews etc. LLAP


I am angry/disgusted. Amazing that some think the solution is more guns. Madness. Even NRA members want more control.  LLAP

How good it feels to know some folks are quitting smoking because of tweets here !! Blessings and strength to you all. LLAP


I understand the right own a gun. Does it have to be an automatic weapon of mass destruction ? LLAP

Some say E-cigs help to quit smoking. Maybe. But they give nicotine which is highly addictive. Be warned. LLAP


I respect the diffence between "Automatic" and "Semi-Automatic" but the horrible FACT is these kids were sprayed with bullets.  LLAP

Cigarettes don't make anything better. Nicotine taken in any form is addictive. Look into mindful meditation instead. LLAP


"Morning Joe" Thank you. A very moving statement about your new view of the need to protect our children.Politicians, pay attention!!  LLAP

No matter how you get it, nicotine is addictive and dangerous. Sucks oxigen out of your lungs and money out of your pocket. LLAP


Remembering Majel Barrett Roddenberry. We met on"The Lieutenant" before Star Trek

May her memory LLAP

LLAQ!! Live long and quit


Thank you NRA. Looking forward to your "meaningful contributions" to help avoid more such tragedies.  LLAP

Blessings to you who are quitting smoking. Nicotine doesn't make things better. LLAP


No "snark" intended. Sincerely hoping. LLAP

I tried to "smoke a little". Failed.  I finally learned I cannot smoke at all. Quitting isn't easy. I went thru a program. Now FREE. LLAP


The "Meaningful Contribution" promised by the NRA turns out be more guns. I'm disapponted. Not surprised. LLAP

Quitting smoking ? Great!! Drink lots of water to wash nicotine out of your system. LLAP


"We must never forget art is not a form of propoganda. Art is a form of truth." John F. Kennedy. To all ...In this holiday season, LLAP

Smokers, please understand. If you quit after you're diagnosed with lung damage it's too late. Grandpa says learn my lesson. Quit now. LLAP.


Grandchildren home for holiday break from school. What a joy!!  LLAP

I quit smoking 30 yrs ago. Not soon enough. I have COPD. Grandpa says, quit now!! LLAP


Don't miss Bruno Mars "Unorthodox Jukebox". This man is the real deal.  LLAP

A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP


Ein Leben ist wie ein Garten. Perfekte Momente können erlebt, aber nicht bewahrt werden, außer in der Erinnerung. Lebt lang und in Frieden.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen