Blog-Archiv

Mittwoch, 28. Oktober 2015

Happy Birthday Julia Roberts!

I believe that two people are connected at the heart, and it doesn't matter what you do, or who you are or where you live; there are no boundaries or barriers if two people are destined to be together.

Bevor ich meinen Ehemann getroffen habe, war er der beste Mann, den ich je kennengelernt habe. Unglaublich, was der alles mit Rasierschaum anstellen kann.

True love doesn't come to you it has to be inside you.


Mode ist Ansteckung mit etwas Neuem.

My life at home gives me absolute joy. There are some days when, as soon as you've finished cooking breakfast and cleaning up the kitchen, it's time to start lunch, and by the time you've done that, you're doing dinner and thinking, 'There has to be a menu we can order from.'

Die ewige Liebe ist für vierzehn Tage gar nicht so schlecht.

You know it's love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you're not part of their happiness.

Ich war eine Mode-Idiotin, weil ich mich nie aufstylen mußte, um Erfolg zu haben. Ich hätte im Pyjama ins Studio gehen können. Erst jetzt sehe ich, daß Kleidung bequem und zudem stilvoll sein kann.

I don't have the luxury of sitting around any more. I must have had bags of spare time before I had children, but I don't know what I did with it and I didn't appreciate it. But it's such a terrific trade-off. I don't have time to get a pedicure, but I sure am happy. Who cares if your feet look bad?

Ignoriert zu werden kann genauso gut sein wie gelobt zu werden.

You have to be smart enough not to dismiss where you came from. It may not be all we are, but it makes up for a great deal.

Warum müssen wir alle nackt sein, um Erfolg zu haben?

It's funny when people say, 'I don't think Julia likes me.' Honey, if I don't like you, you're going to know about it.

Wahre Liebe kommt nicht zu dir, sie muss in dir sein.

I'm definitely a practicing Hindu.

Ich garantiere, es werden auch schlimme Zeiten kommen. Und ich garantiere, es kommt vor, daß einer von uns oder beide unbedingt aus dieser Sache raus will. Aber ich garantiere auch, wenn ich Dich nicht um Deine Hand bitte, dann bereue ich das für den Rest meines Lebens. Denn ich weiß in meinem Herzen, du bist der einzige für mich.

You can be true to the character all you want but you've got to go home with yourself.

Nicht nur großartige Lehrer formen dein Leben. Manchmal ist es auch die Abwesenheit großartiger Lehrer.

In essence, I owe my career to Garry Marshall. There was no known reason for him to hire me for 'Pretty Woman.'

Kein Mann wagt es, mich zum Essen einzuladen!

'Snow White' is an old fairy tale, so obviously the idea of vanity and obsession with youth is long-standing. With today's science, people have become crazy with trying to move their face around. It's bizarre.

I love to cook, and I love to have all my family around the dinner table.

I just want to make a point that it's not just great teachers that sometimes shape your life. Sometimes it's the absence of great teachers that shapes your life and being ignored can be just as good for a person as being lauded.

If you love someone, you say it, right then, out loud. Otherwise, the moment just passes you by.

The older you get, the more fragile you understand life to be. I think that's good motivation for getting out of bed joyfully each day.

My real hair color is kind of a dark blonde. Now I just have mood hair.

Love is not love, without a violin playing goat.

Happiness isn't happiness unless there's a violin-playing goat.

A fever is an expression of inner rage.

I just have a great life. I know great people. I've had great relationships - all different kinds of relationships.

I tried Botox one time and was permanently surprised for a couple of months. It was not a cute look for me. My feeling is, I have three children who should know what emotion I'm feeling at the exact moment I'm feeling it... that is critical.

I don't get angry very often. I lose my temper rarely. And when I do, there's always a legitimate cause. Normally I have a great lightness of being. I take things in a very happy, amused way.

People love scandal; people love drama. They love stripping away the layers to see what's really in there, and they'll do anything - as well as make it up - to get it.

I'm just an ordinary person who has an extraordinary job.

I'm too tall to be a girl. I'm between a chick and a broad.

I enjoy hats. And when one has filthy hair, that is a good accessory.

Something that's such a joy in my life every day - cooking - is this incredible, horrific danger to women around the world.

We all need to take a deep breath and think about being a Bush daughter and having that cross to bear. I'd go out and have a couple of drinks too.

I can direct breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I take pride in my kitchen, but I'm not going to direct a movie.

I think less is more when it comes to kissing in the movies.

Show me a person who doesn't like to laugh and I'll show you a person with a toe tag.

Patchouli has always been a part of my fragrance, like a line through my life.

Your face tells a story and it shouldn't be a story about your drive to the doctor's office.

I am completely happy with my life. I love everything about it.

I think enough cannot be said for what you can discover through literature. So I think that was probably my most valued characteristic as a teenager.

Show me a mall, and I'm happy.

I don't spend a lot of time in the mirror.

I think that I am a deeply optimistic person.

I'm better for all the things that have happened to me, the good and the bad.

Sally Field taught me to do needlepoint on 'Steel Magnolias,' and a standby painter on 'Pelican Brief' taught me to knit. I'm pretty good at it now!

The kind of energy I attract is very calm.

Two of my three siblings are older, so I suppose I learned from them and became a very avid reader at a young age, which I think enough cannot be said for what you can discover through literature.

I definitely think some of my older female peer group are deeply beautiful women. They have this thing that radiates from them.

I did get to keep the wedding dresses from 'Runaway Bride'. They're all boxed up in my garage. I've never opened them. It'll be fun one day when Hazel is taller. She can play dress-up with her friends.

I just have a great life. I know great people. I've had great relationships - all different kinds of relationships. I am so lucky to be on the little golden path that led me to all this.

Making movies is not rocket science. It's about relationships and communication and strangers coming together to see if they can get along harmoniously, productively, and creatively. That's a challenge. When it works, it's fantastic and will lift you up. When it doesn't work, it's almost just as fascinating.

I choose totally by instinct. And the only time I've ever gone against my instincts, I've regretted it.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen