Blog-Archiv

Freitag, 25. September 2015

Happy Birthday Catherine Zeta-Jones!

Being glamorous is about strength and confidence. It's black and white - dramatic. You have to be strong.

Die Mitspieler haben mich gefragt: "Spielen Sie zum ersten Mal Golf?" Dabei spiele ich aber doch schon seit sieben Jahren. 

For marriage to be a success, every woman and every man should have her and his own bathroom. The end.

Ein Mann erwartet von seiner Frau, dass sie perfekt ist. Und dass sie es liebenswert findet, wenn er es nicht ist.

I'm not the kind of person who likes to shout out my personal issues from the rooftops, but with my bipolar becoming public, I hope fellow sufferers will know it's completely controllable. I hope I can help remove any stigma attached to it, and that those who don't have it under control will seek help with all that is available to treat it.

Mein Gesicht und mein Name sind Millionen von Dollar wert.

I have siblings. And there are certain things I know that I can push their buttons. And they know they have certain things where they can push mine.

Words impress me. If a man can speak eloquently and beautifully to me, I just melt on the floor.

I get a bit gloomy when it's gloomy.

I used to go around looking as frumpy as possible because it was inconceivable you could be attractive as well as be smart. It wasn't until I started being myself, the way I like to turn out to meet people that I started to get any work.

I find this wave of super-skinny women scary. I'm not going to lie to you, I've got to drag myself down to the gym like everybody else. But I look at the red carpet sometimes and it's like a pageant.

I rub a mixture of honey and salt all over my body to moisturise and exfoliate. You wash it off and your skin is gorgeous.

I do condition my hair with honey and beer. I smell like the bottom of a beer barrel for days afterwards, but it's very good for the hair.

I'm more insecure than I ever let anyone know; sometimes you protect yourself with this kind of armor that people see more than they see you.

I was like any new bride, who said, 'I'm going to cook for my man.' In fact, once I started a small kitchen fire in a pan. Smoke was pouring from the pan, and I got really scared. Right next to our stove is a small fire extinguisher. You know, easy access.

I do a lot of swimming, both in the ocean and in the pool.

I have a ballet barre in my gym. I turn the music up so loud that the walls are pulsating, and I go for it for an hour.

I think, especially in our business we meet a lot of people, and sometimes you spend so much time being nice to strangers, and so, you know, keeping a clear head and just being nice to each other. And that's all the advice I can give.

I wish I was born in that era: dancing with Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly, going to work at the studio dressed in beautiful pants, head scarves, and sunglasses.

I am strong-willed, which can be annoying sometimes. And from that I think people assume I have confidence and Hollywood glamour and all that stuff, when actually, in my personal life, sometimes I'm just a goofball.

I grew up in a small, strictly-Catholic fishing village on the coast of Wales. The people there have a different attitude to life than those in Hollywood - people stick together more.

There are people who expect me to look the way I do on-screen, where I have a great director of photography and fantastic lighting. I'm sorry to disappoint people, but I don't look like that all the time - no actress does.

I like to feel sexy. I know my husband thinks I'm sexy. I think he is too. But I don't go out half-naked with 'sex' written across my back.

If my revelation of having bipolar II has encouraged one person to seek help, then it is worth it. There is no need to suffer silently and there is no shame in seeking help.

Yes, I was in love with my husband at first sight and still am. We have the most solid relationship.

I try and stay positive; being negative isn't good for my personality. I don't just bring myself down, I bring everyone around me down. It's like a dark cloud, 'Uh oh, here we go,' and have to snap out of it.

In Hollywood everything is so documented. If you go for a drink with somebody, it's passed around the world so quickly.

Motherhood to me is something that I always wanted, but never quite knew how it was going to happen.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen