Blog-Archiv

Sonntag, 9. August 2015

Happy Birthday Whitney Houston!

I finally faced the fact that it isn't a crime not having friends. Being alone means you have fewer problems.

Es tut mir so leid, ich war gestern bei Oprah und habe so lange geredet, dass meine Stimme...

My daughter is my greatest inspiration.

Männer können keine Kleider anziehen, aber wir können die Hosen anhaben.

I have priorities. Maintaining my daughter is my first.

Es wäre Karriere-Selbstmord, wenn ich mich mit einem weißen Mann einließe!

I like being a woman, even in a man's world. After all, men can't wear dresses, but we can wear the pants.

Das Alter ist eine wunderschöne Sache. Ich liebe es, 40 zu sein. Erst jetzt habe ich wirklich ein Leben.

When I heard Aretha, I could feel her emotional delivery so clearly. It came from down deep within. That's what I wanted to do.

Jeder sucht nach einem Helden.

From the beginning, the camera and I were great friends. It loves me, and I love it.

Aus einer schlechten Verbindung kann man sich schwerer lösen als aus einer guten.

You can fool people. You can fool anybody anytime of the day, but you can't fool yourself. At night, when you go home, you've got to be straight up with you.

My mother taught me that when you stand in the truth and someone tells a lie about you, don't fight it.

I decided long ago never to walk in anyone's shadow; if I fail, or if I succeed at least I did as I believe.

I'm not crazy about arenas just because I can sell them out. It doesn't do anything for my ego at all. I want to play places where people don't have to sit in the nosebleed seats and wonder what the hell is going on.

I believe that children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way. Show them all the beauty they possess inside.

When I decided to be a singer, my mother warned me I'd be alone a lot. Basically we all are. Loneliness comes with life.

I almost wish I could be more exciting, that I could match what is happening out there to me.

I am not self-destructive. I am not a person who wants to die.

I'm a person who has life and wants to live, and always have.

Being around people like Aretha Franklin and Gladys Knight, Dionne Warwick and Roberta Flack, all these greats, I was taught to listen and observe.

I'm good where I am at this moment.

God gave me a voice to sing with, and when you have that, what other gimmick is there?

I've turned down a lot of arena dates because I've done the big-arena thing. Now, I want to do something where people can feel me and I can feel them.

I'm either my best friend or my worst enemy.

I wanted to be a teacher. I love children, so I wanted to deal with children. Then I wanted to be a veterinarian. But by the age of ten or eleven, when I opened my mouth and said, 'Oh, God, what's this?' I kind of knew teaching and being a veterinarian were gonna have to wait.

Loneliness comes with life.

I'm older, I'm matured... I'm looking forward to the years to come. Good years.

No one makes me do anything I don't want to do.

I have a mother that's very strong and family that surround me and constantly tell me they love me.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen