Blog-Archiv

Freitag, 7. August 2015

Happy Birthday David Duchovny!

I love dogs. They live in the moment and don't care about anything except affection and food. They're loyal and happy. Humans are just too damn complicated.

The happiest moment of my life was probably when my daughter was born.

If you're smart, you'll always be humble. You can learn all you want, but there'll always be somebody who's never read a book who'll know twice what you know.

I may be learning guitar, but I'll never be able to sing.

I think the real heroic teachers are the ones who work with kids, like my mom and my sister do.

People always love and respect characters who speak the truth, even if the truth hurts.

I don't believe in a conspiracy to hide the existence of extraterrestrial life.

You can go through life and actually speak your mind and do it in an articulate fashion and with a really intelligent point of view.

My whole life, I've wanted things before I was ready. I was always pushing for the next job, the next success. I was so focused on achieving and the path that I was missing some great point about life.

I don't mind close-ups, I like them, but they're kind of forceful - you see a lot, you get a lot of information in a close-up. There's less mystery.

I'm not really a gamer.

I love the ocean, wide-open space and trees, but I'm not a gardener or anything like that. I think I may be, eventually. I was raised in the city, so I don't have that skill set, but my heart is more with the dirt than the concrete. It's an unrequited love with nature - a one-way love affair.

I lost my virginity when I was 14. And I haven't been able to find it.

Women's fashion is a subtle form of bondage. It's men's way of binding them. We put them in these tight, high-heeled shoes, we make them wear these tight clothes and we say they look sexy. But they're actually tied up.

Chemistry is really about two people who like to act together, I think. It's like tennis in the most cliched way. It's like if you hit the ball, they hit the ball back, and they don't hit it into the stands, and they don't put the ball in their pocket and walk off - and they don't argue with the umpire, you know?

In this age of media and Internet access, we are much more talkative than ever before.

People think celebrities don't have to worry about human things like sickness and death and rent. It's like you've traveled to this Land of Celebrity, this other country.

Anxiety is part of creativity, the need to get something out, the need to be rid of something or to get in touch with something within.

I always dreamt of being a basketball player. A dream that only I believed in.

The key is to get to know people and trust them to be who they are. Instead, we trust people to be who we want them to be - and when they're not, we cry.

What makes me mad is arrogance, pretension, putting on airs.

I've turned down jobs because I've said, 'Honestly, I can't find my way in. I can't do it. I love you, as a director. I think the script is good. You deserve better than I think I can do.'

I think patience is a skill and I wish I had it.

Without whining and without making myself a tragic figure, there is no replacement for the loss of your privacy. It's a huge sacrifice.

I'm kind of stupid when it comes to gadgets.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen