Blog-Archiv

Freitag, 24. Juli 2015

Happy Birthday Jennifer Lopez!

I don't regret what I've been through. I've had ups and downs, super highs and some really low lows. I've been so blessed that I could never say, 'I wish this didn't happen.' It's part of who I am. There's nothing in my life that's so ugh.

Den Glauben an die Liebe habe ich nie verloren. Liebe ist meine Droge. Ich rauche nicht. Ich trinke nicht. Ich bin nur süchtig nach Liebe. 

I have my own high standards for what I want in a partner and how I want to be treated. I bring a lot to the table. I'm not talking about material things but what I have to offer as a person - love and loyalty and all the things that make a good relationship.

Als ich Ben Affleck zum ersten Mal sah, wußte ich: Den muß ich heiraten!

You know, maybe I was just born in the wrong time, but I love all things romantic. Puffy understands that. For my last birthday, he covered my hotel room floor with rose petals and had flowers and candles all over the room.

Ich möchte mit oder ohne einen Partner glücklich sein und zuerst durch die Liebe zu mir selbst Erfüllung finden – erst dann kann ich diese mit jemandem teilen. Ich glaube, wir Frauen tun das nicht genug. Wir lieben jemand anderen immer mehr als uns selbst. Ich habe das lange Zeit getan und nicht verstanden, warum das mit der Liebe nicht klappt.

You've got to love yourself first. You've got to be okay on your own before you can be okay with somebody else.

Es ist nicht mein Stil, hinter Männern herzujagen.

If you kiss on the first date and it's not right, then there will be no second date. Sometimes it's better to hold out and not kiss for a long time. I am a strong believer in kissing being very intimate, and the minute you kiss, the floodgates open for everything else.

Ich verstehe auch etwas vom putzen!

I always joke about letting the haters motivate you. Everybody has that in their life, people who doubt them or make them feel less than they are. It just takes faith and belief in yourself, and you've got to dig deep into that. That has to come from you - nobody's going to give you that.

Ich finde, dickere Frauen haben ein Recht auf trendige Klamotten.

People assume I'm out there having this great life, but money doesn't erase the pain. When you're young you barrel through life, making choices without thinking of repercussions. A few years down the line, you wake up in a certain place and wonder how the hell you got there.

I've always been very girly.

I just think that the whole diva thing is a misrepresentation of who I am.

I seriously feel like the best days are ahead, and I like the idea of getting to do everything I did before but with more knowledge, experience, and street smarts. There's a certain love, appreciation, and gratitude that you have at 40 that you don't have when you're younger, and it makes every accomplishment feel so much better.

Beauty is only skin deep. I think what's really important is finding a balance of mind, body and spirit.

You mirror what the world mirrors to you.

When I am wrong, I will learn the lesson and move on to face other challenges. For me, that's what creating your own life is. Doing your best work while being your best self.

If you don't love yourself, you can't love anybody else. And I think as women we really forget that.

You can't take life for granted.

Doubt is a killer. You just have to know who you are and what you stand for.

I've always had a huge fear of dying or becoming ill. The thing I'm most afraid of, though, is being alone, which I think a lot of performers fear. It's why we seek the limelight - so we're not alone, were adored. We're loved, so people want to be around us. The fear of being alone drives my life.

I grew up in the Bronx where you would stay up late with your girlfriends, just being silly in our bedrooms, whatever. And I was always the clown.

Oh my God, my girlfriends are everything to me. They celebrate with you, they cry with you, they hold you when you need to be held. They laugh with you. They're mean with you! They're always there, and it's just a priceless thing to have.

I'm a hopeless romantic and passionate person when it comes to love.

I know that being seen as a role model means taking responsibility for all my actions. I am human, and of course, sometimes I make mistakes. But I promise that when I fall, I get back up.

Once you have a lot of success, you become a target in many ways.

It's a real roller-coaster ride if you're lucky to have longevity in this business - you have to be able to ride those waves.

I only do what my gut tells me to. I think it's smart to listen to other people's advice, but at the end of the day, you're the only one who can tell you what's right for you.

I can only speak for myself, and hope people hear my words and see me on television speaking for myself. And, hopefully, they'll be able to make their own judgment. And at the end of the day, I just want my work to speak for itself.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen