Blog-Archiv

Freitag, 27. Februar 2015

Rest in Peace Leonard Nimoy! You aren´t really dead, as long as we remember you. LLAP

I have been and always shall be your fan.

Thank you for Mr Spock!

Thank you for your work as an actor!
Thank you for your work as a director!
Thank you for your work as a poet!
Thank you for your work as a photographer!
Thank you for your books!
Thank you for your work as a singer!  
Thank you for your all your love and wise words!

I think it's my adventure, my trip, my journey, and I guess my attitude is, let the chips fall where they may.


I think about myself as like an ocean liner that's been going full speed for a long distance, and the captain pulls the throttle back all the way to 'stop,' but the ship doesn't stop immediately, does it? It has its own momentum and it keeps on going, and I'm very flattered that people are still finding me useful.


I'm touched by the idea that when we do things that are useful and helpful - collecting these shards of spirituality - that we may be helping to bring about a healing.


My folks came to U.S. as immigrants, aliens, and became citizens. I was born in Boston, a citizen, went to Hollywood and became an alien.


Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.


You proceed from a false assumption: I have no ego to bruise.


Boston was a great city to grow up in, and it probably still is. We were surrounded by two very important elements: academia and the arts. I was surrounded by theater, music, dance, museums. And I learned how to sail on the Charles River. So I had a great childhood in Boston. It was wonderful.


The miracle is this: the more we share the more we have.


Some words having to do with the death of the people in the World Trade Center attack had been added, and when I got to it, I had this overwhelmingly emotional experience. I struggled to get through the words; tears were streaming down my cheeks.


That's true, because I'm a photographer now.


Which is probably the reason why I work exclusively in black and white... to highlight that contrast.


But if you're talking about fine art work, then I think you have to ask yourself some pretty deep questions about why it is you want to take pictures and what it is you want to say.


I became hooked on the idea of being able to shoot an image and process it myself, and end up with a product.


What I'm exploring right now is the subject of my own mortality. It's an area that I'm curious about, and I'm researching it to see if there's a photographic essay in it for me. If images don't start to come, I'll go to something else.


My memory of those places is better than my pictures. That's why I get much more satisfaction out of shooting thematic work that has to do with an idea that I'm searching for, or searching to express.


For a period of time, I carried cameras with me wherever I went, and then I realized that my interest in photography was turning toward the conceptual. So I wasn't carrying around cameras shooting stuff, I was developing concepts about what I wanted to shoot. And then I'd get the camera angle and do the job.


I did not move into developing or processing color. I stayed with black and white. I still think to this day that I prefer to work in black and white if it has to do with poetry or anything other than specific reality. I have worked in color when I thought it was the appropriate way to express the thought that I was working on.


My dream concept is that I have a camera and I am trying to photograph what is essentially invisible. And every once in a while I get a glimpse of her and I grab that picture.


I became enamored with photography when I was about 13 or 14 years old. I've been at it ever since. I studied seriously in the '70s.


That is the exploration that awaits you! Not mapping stars and studying nebula, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence.


I'm attracted to images that come from a personal exploration of a subject matter. When they have a personal stamp to them, then I think it becomes identifiable.


I became involved in photography when I was about thirteen years old.


I also do my own processing, so it means a big commitment in lab time.


I certainly don't live in a kosher home although I was raised in a kosher environment.


A neighborhood friend showed me how it was possible to go to a camera shop and pick up chemicals for pennies... literally... and develop your own film and make prints.


Don't smoke. I did. Wish I never had. LLAP

A movie scene: stranger lands on earth. Hits buttons on a small device. All guns on earth are melted . He leaves. LLAP

Blessed are the peacemakers. Heal the earth. LLAP

A leader shall appear. It is not only necessary, it is logical. LLAP

In California there's this wet stuff coming down from the sky. Is this what's called "rain"? LLAP

I turned off the talking politicos. Too much jabbering at each other. Not enough care about humans. LLAP

We are all children searching for love. LLAP

Somewhere in the great ocean there is a humpback whale named Spock. LLAP indeed

My door is still open to honorary grandchildren. Say "yes" and step inside. LLAP

All honoraries accepted including brothers,sisters, nieces, nephews etc. LLAP

How good it feels to know some folks are quitting smoking because of tweets here !! Blessings and strength to you all. LLAP

Some say E-cigs help to quit smoking. Maybe. But they give nicotine which is highly addictive. Be warned. LLAP

Cigarettes don't make anything better. Nicotine taken in any form is addictive. Look into mindful meditation instead. LLAP

No matter how you get it, nicotine is addictive and dangerous. Sucks oxigen out of your lungs and money out of your pocket. LLAP

LLAQ!! Live long and quit

Blessings to you who are quitting smoking. Nicotine doesn't make things better. LLAP

I tried to "smoke a little". Failed.  I finally learned I cannot smoke at all. Quitting isn't easy. I went thru a program. Now FREE. LLAP

Quitting smoking ? Great!! Drink lots of water to wash nicotine out of your system. LLAP

Smokers, please understand. If you quit after you're diagnosed with lung damage it's too late. Grandpa says learn my lesson. Quit now. LLAP.


I quit smoking 30 yrs ago. Not soon enough. I have COPD. Grandpa says, quit now!! LLAP

Thank you for all and LLAP, honorary grandpa!

A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP

You aren´t really dead, as long as we remember you! 

May Spock LLAP 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen