Blog-Archiv

Freitag, 30. Januar 2015

Happy Birthday Phil Collins!

I'm not a singer who plays a bit of drums. I'm a drummer that sings a bit.

Was dieser Zeit fehlt, ist ein Ludwig van Beethoven.

I can't play anywhere near like I used to, and I was a hot drummer. It doesn't bother me, because frankly, if you get to that point where you can't hold a drumstick properly, there are many other things in life which are far more important, like cutting a loaf of bread or a piece of cheese.

Wenn ich alle meine Kritiker in eine Reihe stellen und erschießen könnte, ich würde es tun.

Beyond a certain point, the music isn't mine anymore. It's yours.

Wer viel Geld hat und viel versteuern muss, hat auch nachher noch viel Geld. Deshalb hab ich mich auch nie über die Abgaben in England beklagt.

As soon as you start making a record, things start getting lined up: the promotion, possibly even a tour.

When I go on Japanese Airlines, I really love it because I like Japanese food.

The world is in your hands, now use it.

There's no magic for getting into the groove... just banging away at it. Sometimes the lyrics come first, sometimes the music.

I do that in whatever language of the country I'm in, because the audience appreciate it.

You know, a song is like a kid. You bring it up. And sometimes something you thought was going to be fantastic, by the time it's finished, is a bit of a disappointment.

Everything has added up to a load that I'm getting tired of carrying. It's gotten so complicated. It's the three failed marriages, and having kids that grew up without me, and it's the personal criticism, of being Mr. Nice Guy, or of divorcing my wife by fax, all that stuff, the journalism, some of which I find insulting.

I have never been a Conservative, or at least not since being a young teenager. My father voted Conservative, and even his doing that was a hangover from the '50s and '60s, which may have been an influence on me.

I started drumming around the same time I came across this part of American history. But there seemed to be a way forward playing drums. There didn't seem to be a way forward being fascinated by a piece of history.

I'm just trying to do things that are interesting for me.

'Urban Renewal' was sweet because I've been - unfairly, I would say - plonked in the middle of the road because of a handful of songs. It came at a good time for me, because you do take a bit of a browbeating and, as you get older, you become better at accepting it and realizing why it happens.

You know, I've released some great records and I've released some dogs. But frankly, the fun is in creating the thing.

And I would like to marry and have more children. I would like to try and do it right.

The day Tarzan opened in London, I sat in a hotel room and discussed the project in detail.

It's not often that an English drummer gets an Oscar. So I'm very, very proud of that.

There were 'big stars' at the Alamo! Bowie, Crockett! It is a huge political event because it, and the events at Goliad and San Jacinto, changed the look of a map of America. America would be a very different place if Texas had remained Mexican.

All I set out to do was to earn a living playing drums, you know? And as luck would have it, I've surpassed that.

And, you know, I never wanted to be a singer.

I can't remember much about the early flights, except that it was ages before we got into First Class.

I don't own an ABBA album, and I never had the urge to go and buy one. If you're just talking about well crafted pop songs, they were fantastic.

I don't really listen to music.

I just don't think of myself as a star. This is what I do for a living; I'm fortunate that I make ends meet.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen