Blog-Archiv

Sonntag, 28. Dezember 2014

Happy Birthday Stan Lee!

With great power there must also come ... great responsibility!

Ich habe immer mit den Leuten sympathisiert die für einen Lohn gearbeitet haben, ich war einer von ihnen.

I never thought that Spider-Man would become the world wide icon that he is. I just hoped the books would sell and I'd keep my job.

Wenn du mit Leuten arbeitest die du respektierst und die du magst sowie bewunderst weil sie so gut in dem sind was sie tun fühlt es sich nicht wie Arbeit an. Es ist als würdest du spielen.

I've written so many things over the years that I don't want to go back to being just a scriptwriter. I'm in what I consider to be the enviable position of all I have to do is come up with the idea and write an outline that makes it seem like it's a viable idea that will interest people, and then other people write the scripts – and I become the executive producer or the producer, depending on how much involvement I have, and I get a creative credit and then move on to the next project.

In the beginning Marvel created the Bullpen and the Style. And the Bullpen was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the Artists. And the Spirit of Marvel said, Let there be The Fantasic Four. And there was The Fantasic Four. And Marvel saw The Fantasic Four. And it was good.

I'm sort of a pressure writer. If somebody says, "Stan, write something," and I have to have it by tomorrow morning, I'll just sit down and I'll write it. It always seems to come to me. But I'm better doing a rushed job because if it isn't something that's due quickly, I won't work on it until it becomes almost an emergency and then I'll do it.

If you're writing about a character, if he's a powerful character, unless you give him vulnerability I don't think he'll be as interesting to the reader.

Everybody wants to feel that you're writing to a certain demographic because that's good business, but I've never done that ... I tried to write stories that would interest me. I'd say, what would I like to read?... I don't think you can do your best work if you're writing for somebody else, because you never know what that somebody else really thinks or wants.

I'm a frustrated actor. My ... goal is to beat Alfred Hitchcock in the number of cameos. I'm going to try to break his record.

I try not to do anything that's too close to what I've done before. And the nice thing is we have a big universe here. It's filled with new ideas. All you have to do is grab them.

Someone wants to do a movie of my life now and he's writing a script, and I said to him, "What the hell could you do? I've never been arrested, I haven't taken drugs, I've had the same wife for 54 years – where's anything of interest to people?"


I am extremely appreciative that the Producers Guild has chosen me for this distinguished award,”  Lee said in a statement. “I am eager to continue to expand comic book storytelling into the digital space and am honored to be awarded alongside such amazing visionaries.

There is only one who is all powerful, and his greatest weapon is love.

I'm no prophet, but I'm guessing that comic books will always be strong. I don't think anything can really beat the pure fun and pleasure of holding a magazine in your hand, reading the story on paper, being able to roll it up and put it in your pocket, reread again later, show it to a friend, carry it with you, toss it on a shelf, collect them, have a lot of magazines lined up and read them again as a series. I think young people have always loved that. I think they always will.


Face front, true believers!

With great power comes great responsibilty.

Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.

HULK SMASH!

Comming from your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.

Nuff said!

Your humans slaughter each other because of the color of your skin, or your faith or your plitics -- or for no reason at all -- too many of you hate as easily as you draw breath. - Magneto


Excelsior!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen