Blog-Archiv

Mittwoch, 5. November 2014

Happy Birthday Armin Quark Shimerman! LLAP

I didn't take anything from the set, at the end of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. I wanted to remember everything the way it was.

We were right across from each other for years on the lot, but I never met Jeri Ryan until Boston Public.

Why is it so important for you to struggle for year after year, squeezing out meager gains rather than accept a fortune for Rearden Metal?

All I ask is a tall ship and a load of contraband to fill her with.

You’ve never “coupled”?


Rick told me at the end of the audition process for Quark that the part had been written for me but I still had to try out for it. I was thrilled when I heard that they were doing a third Star Trek series, Deep Space Nine, but when I discovered they were also going to have a regular Ferengi character in it I was determined to get the part. I’ve always been a big fan of the show and the idea of my possibly making a bigger contribution to the Trek myth other than my work on The Next Generation really appealed to me.

I’m particularly proud of the fifth season story ‘Business As Usual’ because it shows Quark as much more of a thinking, deeper person in the sense that he has a real problem to solve.

There are a number of episodes in which he must face moral dilemmas, such as ‘Bar Association’ and ‘Looking for Par’mach in All the Wrong Places.’ I always saw Quark as much more of a dramatic character than the show’s writers, who always saw him as sort of comic relief. They did give me some dramatic episodes, but there was always a lot of comedy mixed in.

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.
Oprah Winfrey

Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!
Dr. Seuss

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?
Satchel Paige

It takes a long time to become young.
Pablo Picasso

You know you're getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.
Bob Hope

If music be the food of life and fun, play on.

May all your dreams and wishes and hopes come true!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen