Blog-Archiv

Donnerstag, 14. August 2014

Happy Birthday Steve Martin!

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
 
You know what your problem is, it's that you haven't seen enough movies - all of life's riddles are answered in the movies.
 
Boy, those French: they have a different word for everything!
 
Chaos in the midst of chaos isn't funny, but chaos in the midst of order is.
 
I like a woman with a head on her shoulders. I hate necks.
 
I realized that comedians of the day were operating on jokes and punch lines. The moment you say the punch line, the audience either laughs sincerely or they laugh automatically or they don't laugh. The thing that bothered me was that automatic laugh. I said, that's not real laughter.
 
I think I meant that, given the circumstances of my childhood, I had the illusion that it's easier to be alone. To have your relationships be casual and also to pose as a solitary person, because it was more romantic. You know, I was raised on the idea of the ramblin' man and the loner.
 
I wish I could do a lot of things different. I'm not going to tell you what they are, but if I had a list of all my films right now, I'd go, 'Okay, I'll cross that one out and cross that one out and cross that one out and cross that one out.' Really. But I've made over 40 films. How can I not have some losers in there?
 
I really enjoy finding the right word, creating a good, flowing sentence. I enjoy the rhythm of the words.
 
Über Musik zu sprechen ist wie über Architektur zu tanzen.
 
Talking about music is like dancing about architecture.
 
Sei so gut, dass sie dich nicht ignorieren können.
 
Be so good they can't ignore you.

Ein wahrer Freund ist jemand, der dir Geld leiht und dann das Zeitliche segnet.
 
Eine Berühmtheit ist jeder bekannte Fernseh- oder Filmstar, der so aussieht, als hätte er mehr als zwei Stunden mit seiner Frisur zugebracht.
 
A celebrity is any well-known TV or movie star who looks like he spends more than two hours working on his hair.

Gedächtnisschwund mit zunehmendem Alter ist kein Grund zur Sorge - es sei denn, Ihr Arzt leidet daran.
 
 
 

 
 

 
 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen