Blog-Archiv

Freitag, 26. Oktober 2018

Happy Birthday Anthony Rapp!

I wanted really to make it moment to moment, partly because I'm an actor and that's how I operate - actors are all about creating the moment. 

Everyone tells us you really don't know what you're capable of till you're in the middle of it.

Grief does not expire like a candle or the beacon on a lighthouse. It simply changes temperature.

Labels are for cans, not people.

It was my kind of song: fast and fun and exuberant,the lyrics tumbling out almost faster than my ears could follow them,some times rhyming,sometimes not...

Frankly, if people aren't going to cast me because I'm queer, than I don't want to work with them. 

I think it tells the truth and it cuts to the heart of so many profound aspects of human experience unlike many musicals, which cover more frivolous topics.

There is only one you for all time. Fearlessly be yourself.

I think the most important cause for me is to try to represent honesty. I'm not saying I'm perfect, but it's about trying to be true to who you are.

Acting is like going to the gym. You have to keep yourself in shape and concentrate on your core. 

When we did shoot in the East Village, they had to spread around a lot of trash and put transparencies of graffiti up in front of the walls.

In our culture I think most people think of grief as sadness, and that's certainly part of it, a large part of it, but there's also this thorniness, these edges that come out.

To say it's a dream come true doesn't do it justice, because I've never dreamed this big. The film and play stand side by side -- you get the advantage of more intimacy in the film's close-ups, and the advantage of live rock onstage.

Anyone who loses a parent, you have to find those parts of yourself that your parent held true in themselves, especially if they're supportive parents.

The number of people who said that it made a difference to them that I'm out is the reason that I'm out. There are people who devote their lives to taking away the rights of gays and lesbians, and I think that visibility is very important. I'm trying to encourage more people to come out, and show everyone who they are, because it's harder to take away the rights of a human being. And this is a miracle state, because we can get married. And I think that these people working to take away our rights are going to lose, because of this generation.

I love these people and I’m proud to be on this journey with them.

This. Her hypocrisy and betrayal of her purported ideals is especially hard to fathom.

When I came forward, I was believed & supported & my story made a difference. I was fortunate. As upsetting & triggering as witnessing this current awful moment is for me, I can only imagine how much more traumatizing it is for the millions out there who were not so fortunate.

Making this film was a wonderful experience, and I have always been deeply proud to have been a part of it.

If you like good books, you’d be smart to do this thing.

As always, I proudly celebrate the great gift that being a part of the StarTrek universe is. Happy StarTrekDay indeed.

I’ve been a proud member of 2 unions — Actors Equity Association and SAG-AFTRA — for 37 years. I thank the brave men & women who first brought the idea of organized labor to life many decades ago, & stand with all those who continue to fight for fair work practices. 

A wonderful acknowledgement of the decades of visionary, hard work that have gone into creating stories that have always tried to make the world a better place. I remain deeply honored and proud to be a part of this incredible legacy.

Nightmarish images like this can never be normal.

This family. An amazing group of people full of artistry, courage, love, and passion for bringing stories in the Trek universe to life.

Thank you to all of the many many many people who have been supportive and compassionate. I highlight the rare trolls to share examples of what those of us who have come forward in the MeToo movement have to deal with. 99% of the response has been positive, though.

Super high quality stuff for sure. I don’t dole these out willy nilly!

Thank you to all who voted in my little book poll. After the 1st chapter of All the Birds in the Sky, I can tell it was a perfect choice. It’s delightful.

I’ve been tagged in a large stream of messages around RKelly and CancelRKelly and I’ve learned a great deal about the decades of work black women and their allies have been doing to bring his atrocious behavior to light. It’s terrible that it took so long to have an effect.

Stunningly moving and honest. A must read for anyone who’s been through trauma or knows anyone who’s been through trauma. Which means it’s pretty much a must read for everyone.

Sounds like a good reason to share something!

I have been collecting comics since I was 10 years old. I am going to be collecting this. AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

The people have spoken. Witcher 3 it is! I’ll play all of them eventually anyway. And I’ll go ahead and stream but I am not going to get a camera and I’m not going to comment about the game as I’m playing it. I will periodically refer to comments though.

Gaming related question: I was asked to stream my gaming on @Twitch but when I play I get really immersed. I don’t think I’d be entertaining to watch; I wouldn’t be commenting or anything, I’d just be staring at my screen. I also don’t have a camera anyway. Thoughts?

So these 4 seemed to be the most suggested choices of the next game to play. And then I realized I’ve never done a Twitter poll! So here goes. Which game should I play next? Vote quickly!

All right my gamer folks, I have a quandary: which game do I play next? I have so many in my queue. Candidates are Witcher 3, Prey, South Park (1st one), Dark Souls 3, Shadow of the Colossus, Rime, Uncharted 4, Res Evil (1st one), Nioh, Banner Saga, Evil Within

I appreciate RosimoToby ‘s apology and I have accepted it. I do believe that everyone’s responses made a difference. Thanks for stepping up, and there’s no need to hammer anything home anymore. Growth is possible!

Come on, young folks in the USA. We need you to vote this year and always. You will make all the difference.

I just learned about Brendan Fraser’s story. I worked with him on School Ties and found him to be an extremely kind, hardworking, and conscientious man, as well as a wonderful actor. My heart goes out to him and I applaud his courage in coming forward to share his experience.

Life keeps getting wilder. Now I’m a card in the StarTrek_CCG online game Star Trek Adversaries.

The best cast in the world. How lucky am I to be a part of it???!!!?

Zoom in on my badge and you can see I got a promotion!

How’d I do with my efforts in the LiveTweetDiscoParty ? It zooms by! Thanks for joining in, everyone!

What the whaaaaaaa???!!!??? Is that... could it be...???? It is!!! (Some folks anticipated this, but nonetheless here it is!) The USS Enterprise!!! 

I don’t normally amplify the kind things people say to me, but I was so very touched by this. Thank you MarcelineDepot for articulating so beautifully what I was attempting to do with my book. I really appreciate it.

Yeah, tomorrow night for the startrekcbs season 1 finale, a bunch of us are going to be LIVE TWEETING. I find it intimidating to think about what I’m going to tweet about but I’ve been assured it’s going to be ok for everyone involved.

I haven’t sung the praises of ActressJayneB enough. She’s so fierce as Admiral Cornwell, and — as is the case with everyone else on startrekcbs  — is a delight to be around.

I still cannot believe I’m going to be in a real live comic book. Aaaaahhhhh my 10-year-old self is FREAKING OUT!!!!

I’m late in seeing it, but I’m so grateful that I finally watched the ava film The 13th. It’s powerful, tragic, illuminating, & essential. It’s packed w/ vital information about our country’s shameful history — and its shameful present — of oppression. I’m shook & wiser for it.

I’m a firm believer in putting bullies and haters on blast. This boxer is a bully and hater and therefore: ON BLAST

On the 22nd anniversary of the day we lost Jonathan Larson, I share this photo I took of him during a rehearsal. I thank him for all that he has given to me, and all he has given to the world. RIP

Thank you marisatomei for your kind words and acknowledgment. I wish you and everyone involved in this movement strength and courage. All the very best wishes to you.

I’m a ridiculously lucky man. I got to work with jonathansfrakes on startrekcbs *and* on an episode of AfterTrek

Date night for our second anniversary. So many journeys this past year. Here’s to many many more with this man I love.

I applaud his leadership, which is so vital, and especially impressive as he’s doing this at the beginning of what promises to be a remarkable career. RealChalamet deserves our respect for this gesture, in addition to what he’d already earned through his great performances.

The world continues to move forward even as our moron-in-chief and his cronies try to set us back.

This is so chilling. How many others did Weinstein smear? How many other careers did he derail or squash? It’s so important that Peter Jackson and others are being honest in looking back and seeing the damage Weinstein wrought.

You don’t even understand. I’ve been a comic book geek since I was a child and now I AM ON THE COVER OF A COMIC BOOK AND GHDJDKSNHEBEKsbbdvFfcCzghsjdndbxzb!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!  That is all.

This is so unsettling. I believe a great deal of the reason the #MeToo movement has gained so much traction and power is that we have no other way to directly impact the fact that we have an admitted sexual predator as POTUS.

Not. Ok. In fact, quite horrifying. The fight just never ends.

I’m very gratified to learn that the many folks who’ve been in limbo this past month will in fact have the chance to complete their work that had been interrupted. I wish them all the very best on HouseofCards Season 6.

Here’s one. Oh, and AWriterNamedPam I didn’t know it at the time, but I have since learned that he did indeed break a law in this case. Namely sexual assault of a minor. FYI.

This thread, though. There is so much to dismantle in the corridors of power, so much of the status quo to expose and eradicate. Kudos to IjeomaOluo for her integrity and clarity of mind and heart in the face of nonsense.

I feel that I also need to say a couple of things: 1, I do not believe these trolls and harassers are right. 2, their words do not sting deeply, but they do wound slightly. 3, I have gotten so many more positive messages than negative. Thank you v much.

Um...no...that would never have led to a proper resolution. He was contacted by BuzzFeedNews and declined the opportunity to speak. Then released his statement hours after the story broke... And truly it wasn’t about me getting something off my chest. Read the article.

Here are some comments on Instagram. I’ve decided I want to share some of them because these people need to be outed for their harassment.

Proud to be joining some other talented people in raising money for a good cause.

Thank you to all of you who have been expressing support and solidarity. Your kindness is felt and much appreciated. And I have experienced such support far more than I have experienced negativity.

That was by far one of the milder negative tweets I’ve been tagged in. I’ve been doing a fair amount of reporting and muting of folks, but if you’re interested, take a look through the replies to my tweets on 10/30/17 to see for yourself what some folks say.

I haven’t amplified any of the tweets I’ve been tagged in over these past few weeks, and the vast majority of them have been incredibly supportive, but then there are tweets such as these that just boggle my mind... 

Agh. If you pitched this story in a writers’ room you’d be laughed out of said room because no one would ever believe such a plot was realistic.  And yet here we are.

I was honored to bring their brilliant words to life. They were so open to collaboration, and their enthusiasm was infectious. Love them.

I came forward with my story, standing on the shoulders of the many courageous women and men who have been speaking out 1/3
to shine a light and hopefully make a difference, as they have done for me.  2/3
Everything I wanted to say about my experience is in that article, and I have no further comment about it at this time.

Thanks to the folks at disco_trek for another lively podcast. And I do know you have my back! It’s much appreciated!

Your methods of insults followed by praise to get my attention are working, startrekpod gang. You ain’t no buncha jerks! Great show again.

This is an incredibly powerful article. Much has been written in the past couple of weeks, and much more is to come.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen