Blog-Archiv

Donnerstag, 1. Juni 2017

Happy Birthday René Auberjonois!

The mask of the character was already written into the show, but I actually lobbied for a denser and more complete mask than they initially considered.

At this point we've answered about every question you could possibly imagine about Deep Space Nine, so we do this thing called Theatrical Jazz, where we do a show of bits and pieces of things from plays and literature, poetry... stuff that we like. It's fun.

They've got to deliver twenty-six episodes a season and they're not going to beat their heads up against a wall if they feel something didn't, like, pan out the way they had hoped.

It always takes awhile to find out who the characters are.

The best scene is the last great scene I did.

I really do the conventions now for two reasons.

I don't really think of Odo as a heroic lead, but that's nice if you do.

I would hardly call myself an artist in that sense; I doodle, I draw, I'm not a trained artist, I couldn't sit down and do an accurate portrait of anyone.

My wife, Judith, is the best person in the world.

I worked with my son when he was much younger; we did L.A. Law together, where I played his father and he played a kid who was suing his father for alienation of affection or something. It was great.

I'm never going to retire. I'll die with my boots on.

How many times can you put together 26 different stories without running out?

I do the conventions now for two reasons. To raise money for Doctors Without Borders and travel.

My daughter is here in town doing a play, and her dog is staying with us. We live up in the hills, so he has access to thousands of acres of wilderness.

The best part is the part I'm working at the moment.

And my father, being a good Swiss puritan, always really insisted that if I was going to be an actor, I shouldn't just be an actor, I should know about the whole process.

So, yes, the five years that we’ve been working on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine has evidenced a real deepening of all the characters, not only mine.

I'm never going to retire.

The highest happiness is a by-product of worthy work well done.

I came out of repertory theater, where I worked 50 weeks a year, and I loved working with the people.

The only other series I worked on a regular basis was Benson, and that was a sitcom, so there really wasn’t a chance to go deeply into the characters.

I just wait for something to present itself, and then I consider it.

I would not recommend anybody holding their breath, ... Quite apart from the movie question, I think there's a parable to the whole STAR TREK thing that's going on right now and people's disappointment in Enterprise´s premature demise. When you have a field, and you plant the same thing in the field year after year after year, there's a certain point where the crop just begins to weaken. You have to let a field go fallow for a while. And I think that's what we're seeing right now ... It's not the end of STAR TREK, but I think there will be a period now in which it lies fallow. And then hopefully, because of people like you who keep the dream alive, it will come back. And hopefully it will be strong and vital.

And so I've always been fascinated by the technical end of theater, and a lot of my closest friends are not actors, but in the other end of the business.

For me, as I began to see the light at the end of the tunnel, I became aware of how on an instinctive level I made choices to cover myself.

I love the fact that it's not only about Star Trek, but about science fiction in general, and science.

I did a voice for Odo, but people don't recognize you by your voice.

If you do your job properly you usually learn a lot from any role you do.

This is an ear. An ear on a tv screen. Why do I find it so interesting? This a rhetorical question.

Ice cream and hiding in bushes may be little things - obstruction of justice and compromising security - not so little

Oval Office Fumigated After Complaints Of Overwhelming Smell Of Bullshit 

It's been a long day's drive I should be sleeping like a log 

LOOK AT THIS FACE. TALKING TO THE RUSSIANS.THIS MAN IS UNWELL.

If tRUMP's presidency is a reality show - what will finally bring him down may be that the audience grows tired of all the "drama"

I usually avoid putting my tea bags in my tea... otherwise - we're on the same page

well if the sun hits his head at the right angle it makes me squint

I though I heard my phone ringing. I could remember where it was. Then I realized I was holding and tweeting. I'll be ok

I do read your tweets

Vive la France! The road is long and complex, but, for now, the forces of darkness have been pushed back... for now

Now is the time to vigilant - the BULLy has been gored.

WTF??? I think I'm famous? Chloe "News" 

Is everyone else as riveted by the current unraveling of events as I am?sucked into tRUMP's nightmare reality show.

A great of fresh air... no tRUMP in sight!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen