Blog-Archiv

Mittwoch, 14. September 2016

Happy 80th Birthday Walter Koenig!

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.

Ich suche immer ein einfaches Skript, um eine interessante Rolle zu spielen.  


Religious tolerance is something we should all practice; however, there have been more persecution and atrocities committed in the name of religion and religious freedom than anything else.


Religiöse Toleranz ist etwas, was wir alle üben sollten; jedoch hat es mehr Verfolgung und Gräueltaten gegeben, die im Namen der Religion und religiösen Freiheit begangen wurden, als irgend etwas anderes.


For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others. 


I didn't watch Raumschiff Enterprise the first year it was on, before I was on the show. I took one look at the Styrofoam rocks and said: "There's no way I'm going to watch this!


If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom. 


Well, an actor is an actor is actor, to paraphrase someone or other and the opportunity to work, to have a steady engagement, certainly seemed like an appealing concept to me.


I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. 


Enterprise has given me a considerable amount of satisfaction and a certain amount of respect in the industry community and among people who watch TV and movies. I enjoy that. I enjoy feeling good about myself. God knows it's easy enough for me to feel bad about myself -- I need all the support I can get. Star Trek deserves the respect it has received. If I'm going to be aligned with something, it might as well be something that makes a worthwhile statement most of the time. No, I don't have any regrets about my involvement with Star Trek.


Freedom is not worth having if it does not connote freedom to err. 


I'm always looking for a low-budget script with an interesting character to play.


Movies can be effective in influencing people to think in ways they might not otherwise be exposed to. Social commentary in films is most effective when you're not aware of a soapbox. Making the point without force-feeding the audience is the most desirable approach.


I was only one of two people who auditioned for the part, which is quite extraordinary. Considering that this has so materially effected the last 35 years of my life... a couple of hours after I auditioned, I heard that I had gotten the role.


Twittering:
Fed Con: The most enthusiastic , energetic and supportive Star Trek fans anywhere. Just blew my mind away

The Sitges International Film Festival in Spain  - "the worlds's foremost science fiction and fantasy film festival "...

I think this is going to be extraordinary.

Once again ST Creation Con Las Vegas was absolutely amazing!

Payson Ave.? Lee, I'd ask if we ever knew each other but with at least 25 years between our ages I'd have to believe that we do not.

I think we have an excellent picture but we need money for post production.  Renegades II : Requiem ...

the saga of Pavel Chekov. I've heard the story and it's very exciting. Undoubtedly, the  best about his life I've ever heard.

Was misinformed on the name of the award. It's called "The Time Machine" award.

The Republican Benghazi Committee is a sham. It's time to shut it down. 

I don't know Leslie Jones. I wish I did. I bet she'd be great fun to hang out with.

I grew up during W.W. II thinking Germans were born that way and gay people were not. 
Knowledge is a wonderful thing.

will bestow their Maria Honorary Award for career achievement to Walter Koenig in October of 2016.  Past  award winners include Anthony...

That is incredible! More than incredible!!l

Correction: the footage Ill be shooting for "Captain Pike" is not a trailer but about 25 minutes
from the story itself.
Was fitted for a uniform  today. Actually fits rather well. Things are shaping up with that project!
If you're coming to the Rose City Con in Portland this weekend look for footage from a new film "Neil Stryker Tyrant of Time". Funny stuff!
Had  lunch with "Nobility" producer today. His fully edited film will premier at Comikazie Con in L.A. over Halloween weekend. I'll be there
But enough about me.

You can't obligate friends to help. They do it out of friendship or not. Someone with millions of followers said he'd get the word out....
and did not. So we're starting  over at Indiegogo and looking to raise $50,000 to shoot the first third of the film. We're determined

We know the project is that good. I'm talking about "Star Trek: Captain Pike". The link is  http://tinyurl.com/p94xfnz    Please check us out.

I misspoke regarding Captain Pike. It's definitely not a pod cast. It's a 45 minute film regarding the adventures of Capt. Pike.
My contribution is an actor and as one of the writers and producers. My vision is to make it as edgy as "Mad Men" and "Game of Thrones".
Unexpected behavior from the characters and unexpected plot twists are things that Todd Tei, Walter Dody and I are looking to bring to it.
Please go to Kick Start "Star Trek: Captain Pike" for information on the actors already on board. I'm excited. Hope you will be too.

I know someone who knows someone who catches feral cats for a living. There's got to be a screenplay in there somewhere. Any ideas?

At the airport. A 15 year old with eyes wide, trembling lips and chin spittle  cries out "IT'S WALTER KLINGON" . Hand to God.

"Boy, do you look old!", says the disco guy curling his lip. I was 39 then. I must be 10 years dead now and writing this from my grave.

Wow! I'm genuinely overwhelmed. Thanks George and Nichelle. The response is amazing! Hope I'll have some interesting things to report.

I promise I won't chat about what time I stepped off the curb or my dripping faucet.

I skipped over water, I  danced over sea
And all the birds in water couldn't catch me
...I mean, really, what more could you ask for?

The king of Spain's daughter came to visit me,
And all for the sake of my little nut tree.

I had a little nut tree, nothing would it bare
But a silver nutmeg and a golden pear;

My shrink tells me the reason we're all here is to "actualize" our potential. 
I can buy that.

How about "top of the heap stoked"? There are more than seven thousand people under you.

Got a 7 minute film on You Tube  under:   Walter Koenig Handball

I've just  come back from a dinner for wounded soldiers. The obscenity of war was never more evident.

I've written a graphic novel  handled by a publisher with limited resources. I need  help to spread the word.


I'm very new at this. I'd love to say something witty every day and announce something you've never heard before every several hours.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen