Blog-Archiv

Sonntag, 31. Januar 2016

Happy Birthday Franz Schubert!

Die höchste Begeisterung hat zum ganz Lächerlichen nur einen Schritt, so wie die tiefste Weisheit zur krassen Dummheit.

No one really understands the grief or joy of another. We always imagine that we are approaching some other, but our lines of travel are actually parallel.

Dort, wo du nicht bist, da ist das Glück.

Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that true friend in his wife.

Die Menschen muß man nehmen wie sie sind, nicht wie sie sein sollten.

You believe happiness to be derived from the place in which once you have been happy, but in truth it is centered in ourselves.

Meine Erzeugnisse sind durch den Verstand für Musik und durch meinen Schmerz vorhanden, jene, welche der Schmerz allein erzeugt hat, scheinen am wenigstens die Welt zu erfreuen.

Every night when I go to bed, I hope that I may never wake again, and every morning renews my grief.

Eine Schönheit soll den Menschen durch das ganze Leben begeistern, wahr ist es; doch soll der Schimmer dieser Begeisterung alles andere erhellen.

No one feels another's grief, no one understands another's joy. People imagine they can reach one another. In reality they only pass each other by.

Was sollten wir auch mit dem Glück anfangen, da Unglück noch der einzige Reiz ist, der uns übrig bleibt.

Nobody understands another's sorrow, and nobody another's joy.

Glücklich, der einen wahren Freund findet. Glücklicher, der in seinem Weibe einen wahren Freund findet.

Easy mind, light heart. A mind that is too easy hides a heart that is too heavy.

Keiner, der den Schmerz des andern, und keiner, der die Freude des andern versteht! Man glaubt immer zu einander zu gehen und man geht immer nur neben einander…

The greatest misfortune of the wise man and the greatest unhappiness of the fool are based upon convention.

Vernunft ist nichts anderes als die Analyse des Glaubens.

I try to decorate my imagination as much as I can.

Zu leichter Sinn birgt meistens ein zu schweres Herz.

There are two contrary impulses which govern this man's brain-the one sane, and the other eccentric. They alternate at regular intervals.

Nehmt die Menschen wie sie sind, nicht wie sie sein sollen.

When I wished to sing of love, it turned to sorrow. And when I wished to sing of sorrow, it was transformed for me into love.

Wer die Musik liebt, kann nie ganz unglücklich werden.

The world resembles a stage on which every man is playing a part.

Na, hör mal, ein Steinklopfer muß Steine klopfen, aber ich darf komponieren!

Why should the composer be more guilty than the poet who warms to fantasy by a strange flame, making an idea that inspires him the subject of his own very different treatment?

A man endures misfortune without complaint.

The manager is to be blamed who distributes parts to his players which they are unable to act.

There are eight girls in the house in which I am living, and practically all of them are good looking. You can realize that I am kept busy.

One bites into the brass mouthpiece of his wooden cudgel, and the other blows his cheeks out on a French horn. Do you call that Art?

I never force myself to be devout except when I feel so inspired, and never compose hymns of prayers unless I feel within me real and true devotion.

Our castle is not imposing, but is well built, and surrounded by a very fine garden. I live in the bailiff's house.

Why does God endow us with compassion?

I am composing like a god, as if it simply had to be done as it has been done.

The moment is supreme.

Above all things, I must not get angry. If I do get angry I knock all the teeth out of the mouth of the poor wretch who has angered me.

Approval or blame will follow in the world to come.

If only your pure and clean mind could touch me, dear Haydn, nobody has a greater reverence for you than I have.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen