Blog-Archiv

Montag, 28. Dezember 2015

Happy Birthday Nichelle Nichols!

Science is not a boy's game, it's not a girl's game. It's everyone's game. It's about where we are and where we're going. Space travel benefits us here on Earth. And we ain't stopped yet. 

I think anybody with any intelligence sits down and sees Star Trek not a kids' show.

Charlie X”)? Those were the hints, as far as I’m concerned.

I've agreed to do several Star Trek conventions this coming year.

Space travel benefits us here on Earth. And we ain't stopped yet. There's more exploration to come.

It's just coincidental that the acting took off first over everything else.

Sometimes we respond foolishly before we respond sensibly. We've experienced terrorism, negativism and man's inhumanity to one another before, and yet today we're a better people because of how we respond to it. The evolutionary process moves one step foreword, then two back; then three foreword and two back; then three foreword and only one step back, so that in the end there is a positive process.

I was very blessed in always knowing what I wanted to do, and by the grace of God I've been able to succeed in my chosen career.

I'm a fan of the fans. I love them. They're fabulous. I love being around them. I love their madness and their caring. I love watching them take off for a weekend, don the costumes, and become characters from the 23rd century and beyond. I thank the fans for giving us--me--so much support and love. I want them to know I love them. They'll always be my friends. I'll see the fans, always. They can rest assured of that.

All the people in Star Trek will always be known as those characters. And what characters to have attached to your name in life! The show is such a phenomenon all over the world.

Mahalia Jackson, I grew up around the corner from in Chicago.

Billie Holiday I never met, but I love her music.

About Leonard Nimoy: He was a true force of strength and his character was that of a champion. Leonard's integrity and passion as an actor and devotion to his craft helped transport Raumschiff Enterprise into television history. His vision and heart are bigger than the universe. I will miss him very much and send heartfelt wishes to his family.

Mahalia Jackson, I grew up around the corner from in Chicago.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen