Blog-Archiv

Freitag, 25. September 2015

Happy Birthday Michael Douglas!

With 'Black Rain,' I spent a lot of time with homicide detectives, and I spent a lot of time with different brokers on 'Wall Street.' It helps get the rhythm of the piece and the tone, and how overplayed or underplayed it might be. That's also the magic of movies: You get to hang out and live these different lives.

Ich hatte wahrscheinlich Glück und habe mir die richtige Familie ausgesucht. Mein Vater ist das Kind russischer Bauern. Er hat immer hart arbeiten müssen und hat sich nach dem Collegeabschluß entschlossen, Schauspieler zu werden. Meine Mutter ist Engländerin. Als Kind las sie heimlich unter der Bettdecke Theaterstücke und träumte von einer Karriere als Sschaupielerin. Mit 16 gab sie sich als volljährig aus und ging nach New York zur Bühne. Dann lernte dieser russische Bauernsohn diese Engländerin aus guter Familie kennen, und die beiden verliebten sich ineinander.

When I was working on pictures with my father, there were a couple leading ladies to whom I wish I'd expressed how I felt rather than being too cool or too shy.

Es war eine Zeit großer Offenheit, verbunden mit Meditation und Marihuana. Damals versteckte man Drogen nicht. Es gab ein Gefühl der Zusammengehörigkeit, das uns heute verlorengegangen ist. Ja, ich glaube, ich war ein Hippie.

Women are now very comfortable to have babies into their late 30s. You can be a father in your 50s. I'm not saying it's for everybody, and I think people have to get their own life secure before they take on the responsibility of a partner and children.

Ich will der Vater deiner Kinder sein.

The studios basically, besides developing some material, their strength is distribution. Distribution in any other business is a cost that you incur. You know, in a trucking business, you eat it. In a film business, distribution is a profit center.

Erfolg ist die beste Rache.

Do you know what absolute happiness is? For me, it is to wake up my kids in the morning - these little pieces of innocence - to wake them and find they're so happy to see me! It is unequivocal love, no question about it.

Ich wollte nichts Besseres sein als die anderen.

Early on, someone had told me, 'You know, the camera can always tell when you're lying.' And, Jesus, that intimidated me. 'The camera can always tell? How am I going to do this?' Until one day I thought, 'Wait a minute, acting is lying. Acting is all about lying.'

Es war verdammt schwierig. Ich habe ihn als Gladiator am Kreuz gesehen und als verrückter Maler, der sich ein Ohr abschneidet. In manchen Filmen sah es so aus, als könne er geradezu Übermenschliches leisten, und ich fragte mich: Wie kannst du jemals so ein Mann werden wie er?

Sometimes we spend more efforts with people that are strangers in terms of making an impression than the person that's closest to us. And you just gotta remember not to take for granted that person that's closest to you.

Liebesszenen können Sie getrost vergessen, wenn es um Erotik geht.

People are goofy about the movie business, so you end up counting on friends you knew before you were successful. It is harder to make new friends because you are a little more cautious.

Das Schlimmste, was einem Mann passieren kann, ist ein gespielter Orgasmus.

Cancer didn't bring me to my knees, it brought me to my feet.

Liebesszenen sind die sperrigsten und technisch am schwierigsten zu bewältigenden Situationen bei der Filmarbeit.

I don't know about Brad Pitt leaving that beautiful woman to go hold orphans for Angelina. I mean how long is that going to last?

Filme zu machen ist mindestens so riskant wie Poker.

Every empire eventually falls.

Mallorca ist der Ort, wo ich mein erstes Rendezvous mit meiner Frau Catherine hatte. Mallorca ist der Ort, wo ich mich verliebt habe.

The message from national security experts and citizens around the world is clear: The only way to eliminate the global nuclear danger is to eliminate all nuclear weapons.

Erinnern Sie sich noch an Oh! Calcutta!? Da bekam ich zum erstenmal einen Ständer.

A lot of actors get concerned about their own image, even going so far as to rewrite a movie to best serve that image. All I want to do is be in good movies.

Gegen politisch engagierte Schauspieler ist ja auch nichts einzuwenden. Reagan hat das sehr deutlich gemacht.

Capitalism is part of our system, but it's not for the faint of heart.

"Frei ab 12 Jahren" heißt: Der Held kriegt das Mädchen. "Frei ab 16": Der Bösewicht kriegt das Mädchen. "Frei ab 18": Beide kriegen das Mädchen".

Control is what gives you privacy.

Ibiza ist wirklich der coolste Platz der Welt.

Cancer has shown me what family is. It showed me a love that I never knew really existed.

Es dauerte lange, bis ich mich auf meine eigenen Fähigkeiten besann. Spartakus? Van Gogh? Warum eigentlich nicht?

During my first marriage, my career was the most important thing in my life.

Ich esse bereits zum Frühstück drei Frauen.

For an actor, it's great fun to play one of these hungry white sharks. Audiences love to hate them.

Er kann es sich immer noch nicht verkneifen, mir Ratschläge zu erteilen. Das finde ich großartig. Er behandelt mich als Ebenbürtigen, aber als einen, dem er gern Ratschläge erteilt.

I love kids, and I love having had this second chance to have a family.

Ich habe meinen Eltern viel zu verdanken. Sie lehrten mich grundlegende menschliche Werte und gaben mir viel Liebe zur Schauspielerei mit.

I was there the night John Lennon was shot, three blocks away. It left a lasting impression on me.

Es stimmt schon, daß die Straße, über die Menschen, wie ich ziehen müssen, mit Selbstmord, Drogentod und reichlich Horror gepflastert ist.

I've always liked Tina Turner.

Ich habe mir zum Beispiel mal eine ganze Flasche Gin eingepfiffen und bekam eine Alkoholvergiftung. Ich dachte, ich muß sterben. Es hat Jahre gedauert, bis ich Gin wieder über die Lippen bringen konnte.

I've taken blame about being a bad father - if being a bad father is working your butt off trying to create a career at one time.

Vor einer Kamera fühlte ich mich noch immer ein wenig unbehaglich. Jahrelang war sie für mich so etwas wie der Röntgenapparat beim Zahnarzt. Ich war mir ihrer Gegenwart ständig bewußt und habe mich nur langsam daran gewöhnt.

It took me too long to realise that if you go to a marriage counsellor to resolve problems, it's in his interest to keep the marriage going.

Tut mir wirklich leid, Freunde, aber Liebesszenen sind nichts weiter als harte Arbeit.

Kids know. They know everything. I would err on the side of pretty much sharing everything.

Wenn er einen Hit gelandet hat, ist er der populärste Mensch unter der Sonne.

Learning patience was not an easy lesson.

Man ist in diesem Geschäft geradezu besessen von dem Gedanken, daß es ständig weitergehen muß.

My father did 90-plus films. He was Spartacus!

Wenn mir einer krumm kommt, gibt es Wind von vorn; davon können einige Leute ein Lied singen. Auf jeden Fall ziehe ich es aber vor, zivilisiert mit meinen Mitmenschen umzugehen.

My marriage and my families come certainly before my career.

Viele Lebenskünstler leben von der Zeit, die andere nicht haben.

My movies are usually about stripping off the makeup, getting down to the skeleton.

Wir gehören doch alle zum Establishment. Eines Tages biegt man um eine Ecke, und ehe man es sich versieht, hat das System einen verschlungen.

Paul Rudd is ripped.

Löwen sind genauso gefährlich und unberechenbar wie Frauen.

Religion has certainly been shoved down my throat.

Lebenskünstler leben von der Zeit, die andere nicht haben.

The quality of health care in Canada is excellent.

Eine Erektion ist eine mysteriöse Sache: Immer wenn sie nachlässt hat man Angst, dass man sie das letzte Mal gesehen hat.

When I go on a holiday to a tropical place, I'll spray tan before I go.

Ich habe meinen Eltern viel zu verdanken. Sie lehrten mich grundlegende menschliche Werte und gaben mir viel Liebe zur Schauspielerei mit.

I believe there is a spirit within us, which we nurture based upon our efforts and what we bring to the world. But it doesn't come from the outside; it comes from the inside.

There's nothing like a family crisis, especially a divorce, to force a person to re-evaluate his life.

Actresses have more fear of being disliked. I, on the other hand, revel in it.

The arts are a celebration of life.

I'm impressed with the people from Chicago. Hollywood is hype, New York is talk, Chicago is work.

I guess there are some women who like older men, but it's a smaller group.

Chemotherapy takes its toll; the more you keep doing it, you lose your energy, and it gets more difficult to swallow.

Our economy is increasingly dependent on the success and integrity of the financial markets.

The one thing that men and women have in common - they both like the company of men.

My memories of Las Vegas were all with my father when I was, like, a teenager. He was best friends with Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin, and we'd come up and see the shows and go backstage afterwards and have dinner together. It was one of my first educations about stars and how they really are back stage.

I do think of myself as a bit of a loner, a bit of an independent. I'm one of those people who, when they're sick, like to curl up and remove myself. I don't like a lot of people around. There is nothing you can do to help.

In the movie 'Wall Street' I play Gordon Gekko, a greedy corporate executive who cheated to profit while innocent investors lost their savings. The movie was fiction, but the problem is real.

I went into rehab to save my marriage, but I wound up saving myself.

I thought I could never be the actor Dad was, so I avoided it for a while.

If a deal looks too good to be true, it probably is.

When you're making pictures out of heartfelt passion, it hurts when someone calls them a calculated business move.

I don't smile a lot in my pictures. I'm always so... grim.

If your work isn't exciting, doesn't stir the emotions, where's the challenge? Where's the progress if you always play it safe?

Everything's so repressive now - it's the No generation. You can't do anything, you can't eat anything, you have to abstain.

My dad was a movie star. Having that name was good and bad. People think it's a silver spoon. It's not.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen