Blog-Archiv

Mittwoch, 19. August 2015

Happy Birthday Jonathan Frakes!

I've always thought that we, as human beings, would be naive and arrogant to pretend that we're the only life form in the galaxy.

Die Stärke einer Zivilisation wird nicht gemessen an ihrer Fähigkeit, Kriege zu führen, sondern vielmehr an ihrer Fähigkeit, sie zu vermeiden.

I don't think you ever leave Star Trek for good.

Wir müssen die Logik jener Geschichte hinterfragen, einen allwissenden und allmächtigen Gott zu haben, welcher fehlerhafte Menschen erschafft und ihnen dann für seine Irrtümer die Schuld zuweist.

I'm sort of in for a penny, in for a pound with Star Trek, It's my life at this point. To deny it would just be foolish.

Irgendwer hat mal gesagt: 'Versuche nicht, ein großer Mann zu sein, sei einfach ein Mann. Und laß die Geschichte ihr eigenes Urteil fällen.

I think Star Trek has been very double-edged for all of us - as actors, writers, directors.

Wir tun das nur, weil sich unsere mentalen Nervenbahnen an Ihre sensorischen Eingangsmuster gewöhnt haben.

I like contemporary American literature and I like biographies and I like jazz and I like baseball and I like writers who write about the human condition and sci-fi is just something that I happened into.

Glatt wie eine Androiden-Po.

Well, there's much more time to do a weekly show, and much more coverage - as it turns out, it was all preparation for the stuff I'm doing now - but it was interesting to see how much time was spent on how little airtime, compared to knocking out a show a day on the soaps.

Das Schicksal beschützt Narren, Kinder, und Schiffe mit dem Namen Enterprise.

If the prime directives were followed a little more accurately here on earth, I mean it sounds somewhat Pollyanna, but I think people would certainly get along better.

Das Schicksal beschützt Narren, kleine Kinder und Schiffe mit dem Namen Enterprise.

I always enjoyed going into the holodeck.

Sprechen Sie nur für sich selbst, Sir. Ich habe vor, ewig zu leben.

No, the type-casting didn't happen until after Star Trek. I don't think that you get typecast until you've been cast!

Nein. Sie sagten "ich schätze".

I think that I've been pigeon-holed by virtue of the fact that I've spent so much time in front of a green screen.

Sie wissen doch noch, wie man Phaser abfeuert?

I think, frankly, that I'm a better director than I was an actor.

I think, unfortunately or fortunately, the reality of Hollywood is that if your movie makes money, they'll make another one.

Keep notes. This project might turn out to be of interest to future scholars.

Red alert!

Think about it. A blind man teaching an android to paint? That's got to be worth a couple of pages in someone's book.

You're going to be an interesting companion, Mr. Data.

What's a knock-out like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?

And blowing into maximum warp speed, you appeared for an instant to be in two places at once.

No... The name of my ship is the Lollipop.

Nice to meet you... Pinocchio.

Yes, absolutely I do indeed concur, wholeheartedly!

Fine, fine! Enterprise, out.

Well, the unexpected is our normal routine.

Your shields were failing, sir.

Pinocchio is broken; its strings have been cut.

Removed from command, sir. And placed under guard for his act of personal vengeance. Seems there was no profit in it.

Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named "Enterprise."

Maybe if we felt any human loss as keenly as we feel one of those close to us, human history would be far less bloody.

Live long and prosper!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen