Blog-Archiv

Mittwoch, 29. Juli 2015

Happy Birthday Wil Wheaton!

Some ISPs are blocking all BitTorrent traffic, because BitTorrent can be used to share files in a piratical way. Hollywood lobbying groups are trying to pass laws which would force ISPs to block or degrade BitTorrent traffic, too. Personally, I think this is like closing down freeways because a bank robber could use them to get away.

If the world were a bar, America would currently be the angry drunk waving around a loaded gun. Yeah, the other people in the bar may be afraid of him, but they sure as hell don't respect him.

I spent a lot of my childhood not fitting in, in a lot of different ways.

One of the things that drives me crazy is the belief in Hollywood that bittorrent exists solely for stealing things.

People who don't want to give a creator money are never going to give a creator money.

I was obsessed with 'Ghostbusters.'

When you say a 'former child star,' you may as well say 'failed child star.'

I'm guess I'm up to about 70% of normal, which is a real relief. My doctor gave me clearance to go out in public again, so I've been able to go to the store and help out a little bit around the house.

I've done a lot of geeky things in my life, but I think the geekiest of all was my first effort to build props and cosplay, when I was about twelve years-old.

When you get a group of kids together, especially boys, the psychology of those kids requires that they find a weak kid or a sensitive kid or a soft kid.

Even when I was little, people would always ask me if I wanted to be a movie star, and I would always say, 'No, I just want to be an actor.'

I would love to find myself in a position where I have to decide, 'Gosh, do I want to be on a series?'

Even when I was little and going on auditions, it was clear who was there because they wanted to be there, and who was there because their stage parents were making them be there. There was a major difference.

I can't believe you said that about fire ants and thunderstorms! You are such a Houstonist!

I have found that the key to being happy — well, one of the keys, anyway — is to be easily amused.

Remember what it was like on Christmas when you woke up before your parents, and had to sit there until they were ready, knowing that just a few rooms away there was something awesome waiting for you? For the next thirty minutes, I felt that way, while I waited for them to call me back up to the set.

Sometimes we know in our bones what we really need to do, but we're afraid to do it. Taking a chance and stepping beyond the safety of the world we've always known is the only way to grow, though and without risk there is no reward.

Lore: Making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS!

You can’t has,' he whispered softly, 'not yours.

I wonder if The Lesson is that, in order to succeed, I need to rely upon myself, trust myself, love myself, and not put my happiness and sadness into the hands of others.

Don't be a dick.

Picard only saw the movie, which had the entire Tales of the Black Starship subplot removed for time.

As an adult, getting paid thousands of dollars a week to say, “Aye, Sir. Course laid in” is a seriously sweet gig, but when I was a teenager, it sucked.

Riker tells Data to just get on with it already, so Data says Ferengi are like Yankee traders from 18th-century America. This indicates that, in the 24th century, the traditional practice of using 600-year-old comparisons is still in vogue, like when you’re stuck in traffic on the freeway, and say, “Man, this is just like Vasco de Gama trying to go around the Cape of Good Hope!

Be honest.
Be kind.
Be honorable.
Work hard.
And always be awesome.

Well, I’ve got three things working against me before I even
walk into the room:
1. I’m the last speaker of the day. The fans are tired and a little
burned out.
2. I’m following Michael Dorn and Marina Sirtis. They do conventions
together all the time, have a set routine that never
fails, and the fans adore them.
3. I was Wesley Crusher.

When I was a kid, I wanted to be as good an actor as Patrick, as cool as Frakes, and as funny as Brent. From time to time, one of them would say something to me that made me feel like I'd taken a step in that direction, and it always meant the world to me. I loved it when Brent would joke around with me, because it made me feel like I was the peer I so desperately wanted to be, instead of the clueless teenager I knew I was.

Q is like a stupid Internet Troll; he makes some strawman accusation against Picard, Picard refutes his argument with logic and reason, and Q just changes the terms of the argument, all the while enjoying the attention he’s getting. But does anyone create alt.q.die.die.die? No, of course not. Life is so fucking unfair.

Things every person should have:
A nemesis.
An evil twin.
A secret headquarters.
An escape hatch.
A partner in crime.
A secret identity.

Live long and prosper!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen