Blog-Archiv

Dienstag, 23. Juni 2015

Happy Birthday Tim Russ! LLAP

We're having fun. 

I have no desire for fun. 

It is a theoretical possibility that such planetoids contain hot water springs, which could sustain the man for several weeks. 

I concur. Logic dictates that the ensign in question would perish. 

You're Neelix. I'm safe with you. 

I was an instructor at Starfleet Academy; I've received 17 commendations for valor; I'm a husband... a father... 

I was an extraordinary fellow. 

I like the way it looks now. 

I like to smile. 

I'm not a Vulcan! Not anymore! 

I wish I never drew that picture. 

I want to be able to have fun! With you! I won't be able to... will I? 

I have given further consideration to your riddle, regarding the ensign who survived by consuming the dates from his calendar. It occurs to me that he could also have eaten the "Sunda-y-es". 

You are experiencing shon-ha'lock, the engulfment. It is the most intense and psychologically perilous form of eros. I believe Humans call it "love at first sight". 

I am fully capable of appreciating this phenomenon, without the extraneous sentimentality Humans find so necessary. 

Kal-toh is to chess as chess is to tic-tac-toe. 

Kal-toh is not about striving for balance. It is about finding the seeds of order, even in the midst of profound chaos. 

Your logic is impeccable. 

I can see why Ensign Kim finds you... compelling. 

To the trained Vulcan intellect, intense romantic love is nothing more than a set of stereotypical behaviors. Not having our discipline, typically Humans are swept along by the process until it ends. 

Either in conversion to a more balanced, stable relationship, or in tragic circumstances. 

This investigation is... perplexing. It defies logic. 

28, to be exact. But only six of them match the physical parameters of the photon displacement. 

I have worked meticulously, yet he has outwitted me each time. 

I have been trained to resist mind control. 

I'm not familiar with that species. 

You don't control me! 

Chakotay doubted my loyalty. He wouldn't have given me an active weapon. 

Call it... a hunch. 

That was not my motivation, Captain. I am not attempting to curry favor with you in any way. 

The success rate of your culinary experiments has not been high. 

Ensign Golwat is Bolian. Her tongue has a cartilaginous lining. It would protect her against even the most corrosive acid. 

Mr. Neelix, I would prefer not to hear the life history of my breakfast. 

Structure. Logic. Function. Control. A structure cannot stand without a foundation. Logic is the foundation of function. Function is the essence of control. I am in control. I am in control. 

Human fascination with "fun" has led to many tragedies in your short but violent history. One wonders how your race has survived having so much "fun". 

Asking female officers for their clothing could lead to misunderstanding. 

On the contrary. I do not experience feelings of nostalgia. But there are times when I think back to those days, of meeting Kirk, Spock and the others. And I am pleased that I was part of it. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen