Blog-Archiv

Sonntag, 1. März 2015

Happy Birthday Harry Belafonte!

You can cage the singer but not the song.

Ich habe dreißig Jahre gebraucht, um über Nacht berühmt zu werden.

If you believe in justice, if you believe in democracy, if you believe in people's rights, if you believe in the harmony of all humankind - then you have no choice but to back Fidel Castro as long as it takes!

Solange es Hunger gibt, gibt es keinen Frieden.

Bring it on. Dissent is central to any democracy.

Die Vokabel "altes Europa" zu benutzen, das ist, als würde man sagen, die Bürgerrechte sind alt, Jesus ist alt, die Philosophen sind alt - und genau das ist der Punkt. Noch mal: Geschichte ist dazu da, aus ihr zu lernen. Europa ist da in einem höheren Reifestadium. Das ist nicht eure Schande, sondern eure Ehre.

Fascism is fascism. Terrorism is terrorism. Oppression is oppression.

Bushs Politik ist nicht im Interesse der US-Bürger.

Our foreign policy has made a wreck of this planet. I'm always in Africa... And when I go to these places I see American policy written on the walls of oppression everywhere.

Meine Berühmtheit verpflichtet mich, für soziale Gerechtigkeit und, viel wichtiger, für den Frieden zu kämpfen.

I think Bush has a very selfish, arrogant point of view. I think he is interested in power, I think he believes his truth is the only truth, and that he will do what he wants to do despite the people.

Bush ist der größte Terrorist der Welt.

I've always been supportive of the right of Israel as a state, and I've always fought against anti-Semitism, even in my own community.

Es dürfte schwer sein, ein Land zu finden, das mehr Wert legt auf die Kultur seiner Menschen und die Entwicklung dieser Kultur als Kuba.

This generosity that has been offered to the United States says very much about the Venezuelan spirit.

Wir sind in einer dunklen Zeit angelangt, wo die neue Gestapo des Innenministeriums lauert, wo Bürgerrechte aufgehoben werden.

You can be arrested and not charged. You can be arrested and have no right to counsel.

Gegen George W. Bush zu kämpfen ist mein liebstes Hobby. Wer gibt uns das Recht, die Menschen im Irak zu töten? Bush behauptet, dass Amerika zum ersten Mal Terroristen jagt - dabei ist Terrorismus ein Teil des amerikanischen Systems. Amerika hat eine ganze Rasse vernichtet, die Indianer. Das ist Terror.

We Have Got To Bring Corporate America To Its Knees.

I think Bush has a very selfish, arrogant point of view. I think he is interested in power, I think he believes his truth is the only truth, and that he will do what he wants to do despite the people.

When I was forty and looking at sixty, it seemed like a thousand miles away. But sixty-two feels like a week and a half away from eighty. I must now get on with those things I always talked about doing but put off.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen