Blog-Archiv

Dienstag, 27. Januar 2015

Happy Birthday Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart!

Das Notwendigste und das Härteste und die Hauptsache in der Musik ist das Tempo.

I pay no attention whatever to anybody's praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings.

Der Geschmack des Todes ist auf meiner Zunge, ich fühle etwas, das nicht von dieser Welt ist.

It is a great consolation for me to remember that the Lord, to whom I had drawn near in humble and child-like faith, has suffered and died for me, and that He will look on me in love and compassion.

Die orgl ist doch in meinen augen und ohren der könig aller instrumenten.

Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius.

Ich hoffe nicht, dass es nötig ist zu sagen, dass mir an Salzburg sehr wenig und am Erzbischof gar nichts gelegen ist und ich auf beides scheiße.

Nevertheless the passions, whether violent or not, should never be so expressed as to reach the point of causing disgust; and music, even in situations of the greatest horror, should never be painful to the ear but should flatter and charm it, and thereby always remain music.

Ich will meine Frau glücklich machen, und nicht mein Glück durch sie machen.

When I am traveling in a carriage, or walking after a good meal, or during the night when I cannot sleep; it is on such occasions that ideas flow best and most abundantly.

Komponiert ist schon alles – aber geschrieben noch nicht.

One must not make oneself cheap here - that is a cardinal point - or else one is done. Whoever is most impertinent has the best chance.

Mein Vaterland hat allzeit den ersten Anspruch auf mich.

I thank my God for graciously granting me the opportunity of learning that death is the key which unlocks the door to our true happiness.

Was mich aber am meisten aufrichtet und guten Mutes erhält, ist, dass ich ein ehrlicher Deutscher bin.

My fatherland has always the first claim on me.

Will mich Deutschland, mein geliebtes Vaterland, worauf ich (wie Sie wissen) stolz bin, nicht aufnehmen, so muß in Gottes Namen Frankreich oder England wieder um einen geschickten Deutschen mehr reich werden,- und das zur Schande der deutschen Nation.

If Germany, my beloved fatherland, of whom you know I am proud, will not accept me, then must I, in the name of God, again make France or England richer by one capable German; — and to the shame of the German nation.

Das Notwendigste und das Härteste und die Hauptsache in der Musik ist das Tempo.

She will never learn the most necessary, most difficult and principal thing in music, that is time, because from childhood she has designedly cultivated the habit of ignoring the beat.

Den Himmel zu erringen ist etwas Herrliches und Erhabenes, aber auch auf der lieben Erde ist es unvergleichlich schön. Darum laßt uns Menschen sein.

Music is my life and my life is music. Anyone who does not understand this is not worthy of God. 

Ohne Musik wär' alles nichts.

I care very little for Salzburg and not at all for the archbishop: I shit on both of them.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen