Blog-Archiv

Dienstag, 9. Dezember 2014

Happy Birthday Kirk Douglas!

In order to achieve anything you must be brave enough to fail.

Erst mein 100. Film wird der letzte.

The learning process continues until the day you die.


Jeder Junge muß seinem Vater eines Tages in die Eier treten.

Virtue is not photogenic. What is it to be a nice guy? To be nothing, that's what. A big fat zero with a smile for everybody.


Stars sind Leute, die hart gearbeitet haben, um berühmt zu werden, und die dann dunkle Brillen tragen, um nicht erkannt zu werden.

If you want to know about a man you can find out an awful lot by looking at who he married.


Wenn ich gewußt hätte, was für ein feiner Kerl Michael werden würde, wäre ich netter zu ihm gewesen, als er ein kleiner Junge war.


I don't need a critic to tell me I'm an actor. I make my own way. Nobody's my boss. Nobody's ever been my boss.


Tugend ist nicht fotogen. Was ist man als netter Kerl? Ein Nichts. Eine große, dicke Null mit einem Lächeln für jeden.


I guess I was a bad boy... Yes, yes, I've had lots of women in my life.


Alles andere als Golf und Schreiben langweilt mich inzwischen.
 

I have one computer that my wife gave me. All I know how to do, and I do it every day, is play Spider Solitaire. And I don't have a cell phone.
 

Romantik fängt mit 80 an.
 

My four sons all knew I was a Jew, but they were allowed to be whatever they wanted to be. The only thing important to me was that they be good people who help other people, because all religion should try to make you a better person and a more caring person. Whenever religion does that for you, it's a good religion.
 

Ohne Humor kann man nicht leben. Man muss über sich selbst lachen können, sonst hat man es schwer.
 

God bless Dad, he came to every one of my shows. I was bad, and I had horrible stage fright. My dad was so relieved - he'd say, 'You were terrible; this kid is not going to be an actor.' Finally, I did a play and he said, 'Son - you were really good.'
 

Ein Film muss unterhalten, sonst funktioniert er nicht.

I didn't think I was so tough until I did 'Champion'; then I was a tough guy.


Die Leute reden immer über die alten Zeiten. Sie sagen, dass die Filme damals besser waren, und die Schauspieler so großartig. Ich denke anders: Alles, was ich über die alten Zeiten sagen kann ist, dass sie vorbei sind.


Why can't a woman be more like a dog, huh? So sweet, loving, attentive.

You know, you have to have some inner philosophy to deal with adversity.

What would my parents think about America if they arrived here today? Would they even want to come? I wonder.

Acting is a youthful profession.

All children are natural actors, and I'm still a kid. If you grow up completely, you can never be an actor.

I never had any desire to be a film actor. I never thought I was the good-looking movie type, which I assumed they wanted.

No matter how bad things are, they can always be worse. So what if my stroke left me with a speech impediment? Moses had one, and he did all right.

I didn't start out to be a movie star. I started out to be an actor.

I love talking to interesting people - people like O.J. Simpson, Andretti... I love champions. A champion has something special about him.


When I first came to Hollywood, the blacklist was just starting, and they were having hearings in Washington. What most people don't know is the judge of these hearings himself was later convicted of misappropriation. 'Spartacus' helped break the blacklist, because Spartacus was a real character.

Being second generation in Hollywood is complicated: Success is expected, and yet the track record of the second generation is not great. Only a small group of us, like Jane Fonda, have succeeded.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen