Blog-Archiv

Freitag, 19. September 2014

Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Do you need more information?
http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

Work like a captain, play like a pirate.

Keep calm and say ‘Arrr’.

Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you.

Source : http://www.coolnsmart.com/pirate_sayings/
There was a single blue line of crayon drawn across every wall in the house. What does it mean? I asked. A pirate needs the sight of the sea, he said and then he pulled his eye patch down and turned and sailed away.
Brian Andreas

Some pirates achieved immortality by great deeds of cruelty or derring-do. Some achieved immortality by amassing great wealth. But the captain had long ago decided that he would, on the whole, prefer to achieve immortality by not dying.
Terry Pratchett

One could mention many lovable traits in Smee. For instance, after killing, it was his spectacles he wiped instead of his weapon.
J.M. Barrie

Well, if pirates are bad,
And vampires are worse,
Then I pray that as long as I be
That though I sing of Vampirates
I never one shall see.
Yea, if pirates are danger
And vampires are death,
I'll extend my prayer for thee-
That thine eyes never see a Vampirate
...and they never lay a hand on thee.
Justin Somper

It's better to swim in the sea below
Than to swing in the air and feed the crow,
Says jolly Ned Teach of Bristol.
Benjamin Franklin

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island.
Walt Disney

Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.
Johnny Depp

The autumn wind is a pirate. Blustering in from sea with a rollicking song he sweeps along swaggering boisterously. His face is weather beaten, he wears a hooded sash with a silver hat about his head... The autumn wind is a Raider, pillaging just for fun.
Steve Sabol
 
Drink up me hearties, yo ho! Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me! A toast to piracy and its many shiny rewards. As a career, what could be more rewarding? Drink up me hearties, yo ho! Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me! I humbly accept this magnificent treasure as my reward for a life of villainy, larceny, skullduggery and persnickety-nee. Drink up me hearties, yo ho! Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me! I raise a toast to honor my many shipmates lost at sea. Salute, mes amis. Drink up me hearties, yo ho! Rascals and scoundrels, villains and knaves. Drink up me hearties, yo ho! We're devils and black sheep, really bad eggs. Drink up me hearties, yo ho! Drink up lads! There's treasure enough for all! I shall take this paltry sum as a stipend to cover my expenses, and a chest of jewels. Drink up me hearties, yo ho!
Jack Sparrow
 
Drink up me hearties, yo ho! Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me! You know this song, parrot? Feel free to join in anytime. Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads. Drink up me hearties, yo ho!
Jack Sparrow

Out of rum. Why? Why are we out of rum?
 
I always wonder why they call it the Flying Dutchman. I don't get it.
 
Batten down the hatches, mates, it's gonna get ugly! Relatively speaking.
 
Hit the deck!
 
I'll see you to Davy Jones...Jones. Fire! [cannon fires at Jack] Apparently, I should've been more specific. Consider that a warning!
 
Right, mates. Now it's our turn! Let's show ol' Captain Calamari what we're made of, eh? Savvy? Port side cannon...Fire! 
 
Well done, mates. I knew you had it in you. Now, come back in eight minutes and we'll do it all over again, eh?
 
Now, on deck! Batten down the hatches, weigh anchor! We sail...with the tide.
Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you.

Source : http://www.coolnsmart.com/pirate_sayings/

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen