Blog-Archiv

Sonntag, 14. September 2014

Happy Birthday Walter Koenig!

Religious tolerance is something we should all practice; however, there have been more persecution and atrocities committed in the name of religion and religious freedom than anything else.

Religiöse Toleranz ist etwas, was wir alle üben sollten; jedoch hat es mehr Verfolgung und Gräueltaten gegeben, die im Namen der Religion und religiösen Freiheit begangen wurden, als irgend etwas anderes.

I'm always looking for a low-budget script with an interesting character to play.

Ich suche immer ein preiswertes Skript, um eine interessante Rolle zu spielen. 

Well, an actor is an actor is actor, to paraphrase someone or other and the opportunity to work, to have a steady engagement, certainly seemed like an appealing concept to me.

I didn't watch Raumschiff Enterprise (1966) the first year it was on, before I was on the show. I took one look at the Styrofoam rocks and said: "There's no way I'm going to watch this!

Raumschiff Enterprise has given me a considerable amount of satisfaction and a certain amount of respect in the industry community and among people who watch TV and movies. I enjoy that. I enjoy feeling good about myself. God knows it's easy enough for me to feel bad about myself -- I need all the support I can get. Star Trek deserves the respect it has received. If I'm going to be aligned with something, it might as well be something that makes a worthwhile statement most of the time. No, I don't have any regrets about my involvement with Star Trek.

Movies can be effective in influencing people to think in ways they might not otherwise be exposed to. Social commentary in films is most effective when you're not aware of a soapbox. Making the point without force-feeding the audience is the most desirable approach.

Course heading, Captain?

Guess who's coming to dinner.

It is Enterprise. We fired them.

Perhaps you have heard Russian epic of Cinderella? If shoe fits, wear it!

I am Pavel Chekov, a commander in Starfleet. United Federation of Planets Service Number 656-5827D.

And I am the Tsar of all the Russias!

Of course, Doctor. The Garden of Eden was just outside Moscow. A wery nice place. It must have made Adam and Eve wery sad to leave.

'Give us some more blood, Chekov.' 'The needle won't hurt, Chekov.' 'Take off your shirt, Chekov.' 'Roll over, Chekov.' 'Breathe deeply, Chekov.' 'Blood sample, Chekov.' 'Marrow sample, Chekov.' 'Skin sample, Chekov.' IF...if I live long enough, I'm going to run out of samples!

Montgomery Scott: When are y'gonna get off that milk diet, lad?
Pavel Chekov: This is vodka!
Montgomery Scott: Where I come from, that's soda pop. Now, this is a drink for a man.
Pavel Chekov: Scotch?
Montgomery Scott: Aye.
Pavel Chekov: It was invented by a little old lady from Leningrad!

I know this saying. It was invented in Russia.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen